[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - PWEI Nation Discography 2.0 - Your Nation Needs You!

PWEI Nation Discography 2.0 - Your Nation Needs You!

Stuff about pweination

PWEI Nation Discography 2.0 - Your Nation Needs You!

Postby poppiestar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Beaming out a message across the Nation!

As you're probably aware, the discography currently on our Nation's home is not in its most ideal shape: it's incomplete, a bit of a pain to navigate and doesn't really have as much detailed information about our Poppies' treasured catalogue as it deserves. It's time to correct this. So without further ado, I'm very excited to announce:

The PWEI Nation Discography 2.0 Project!

We want to create the definitive list of every single release, track, remix, bootleg, compilation and... well, everything! However, we need your help! Our ideas are ambitious, the scope is massive, but it's nothing we can't accomplish together as a Nation. Plans are afoot. Ideas are flying. Most importantly, though... work has begun.

So where do we begin? Well, for starters, it's time we had a truly 100% accurate, canonical list of everything ever released. I'm not just talking about albums, singles, EPs or compilations - I mean every single track that's ever been released. Not only that, but let's actually nail down a definitive title for every one of these tracks. As the recent work on the Nation compilations has unearthed, it turns out there are a number of tracks that are known by a variety of different names that are, in fact, the same thing, and - in at least one case - two tracks that have the same name! Let's decide, once and for all, the true name of these tracks (but let's also note down the alternate titles so we'll know what they are when we come across them again).

The plan is to build up the discography from scratch, bit-by-bit, until we have the most insanely detailed and disturbingly accurate database of Pop Will Eat Itself information the world could possibly comprehend.

To begin with, though, let's first focus on the main releases. Below I've listed all of the albums, singles, EPs, compilations and videos released under the name Pop Will Eat Itself that I am aware of, however I'd like to get the Nation's input on its accuracy. How correct is this list? Is there anything you'd list differently? Is there anything missing? Is something under the wrong category? For example, are The Poppies Say GRRrrr!, Poppiecock and F1-11 Love Missile better classified as EPs than singles? Should Weirds and On Patrol be listed as Live Albums? This is your project too, we want to hear your thoughts!

Albums
Box Frenzy 1987
This Is The Day...This Is The Hour...This Is This! 1989
Cure For Sanity 1990
The Looks or the Lifestyle? 1992
Dos Dedos Mis Amigos 1994
Two Fingers My Friends! 1995
New Noise Designed By A Sadist 2011

Live Albums
At Weirds Bar And Grill 1993
Reformation 2005
On Patrol In The UK 2012 2012

Singles
Beaver Patrol 1987
Sweet Sweet Pie 1987
Def.Con.One 1988
There Is No Love Between Us Anymore 1988
Wise Up! Sucker 1989
Can U Dig It? 1989
Dance Of The Mad 1990
Touched By The Hand Of Cicciolina 1990
X Y & Zee 1990
Another Man's Rhubarb / 92° 1991
92° F / The Incredible PWEI Vs Dirty Harry 1991
Karmadrome / Eat Me, Drink Me, Love Me, Kill Me 1992
Bulletproof! 1992
Get The Girl! Kill The Baddies! 1992
I've Always Been A Coward, Baby 1992
R.S.V.P./Familus Horribulus 1993
Ich Bin Ein Auslander 1994
Everything's Cool? 1994
Underbelly 1994
Axe Of Men 2010 2010
Chaos & Mayhem 2011
Disguise 2012

EPs
The Poppies Say GRRrrr! 1986
Poppiecock 1986
Love Missile F1-11 1987
Very Metal Noise Pollution 1989
Amalgamation 1994

Compilations
Now For A Feast! 1988
16 Different Flavours Of Hell 1993
Wise Up Suckers 1996
The Radio 1 Sessions 1986-7 1997
PWEI Product 1986-1994 2002
The Best Of Pop Will Eat Itself 2008
4 Hits 2011
Feasting Frenzy 2011

Videos
Unspoilt By Progress 1991
Reformation 2005

Oh yeah, one last thing; for now I'd like to keep our attention solely focused on official releases. Bootlegs and other compilations will definitely be taken into account at some point, but for the first part of this operation I think we should stick to the official releases.

Feedback is most certainly welcome - this is your project too! If you want to lend a hand, definitely get in touch.

Finally, a massive thanks to payback3000 and jason for helping me out on the first steps of this project.

EDIT: Updated the list to include the missing Bulletproof and Reformation releases, plus added a video section.

EDIT 2: Moved first three single releases to EP section, created a Live Albums section and listed primary release date next to title. If there's no further objections, this is the list I'm moving forward with.

EDIT 3: Moved Radio Sessions into compilations. It's not really an album, now I think about it.
Last edited by poppiestar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Born to live and love, not to push and shove. Here to give hope and rise above all the bullshit and all the crap.
poppiestar
1000 X No

Re: PWEI Nation Discography 2.0 - Your Nation Needs You!

Postby jason » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Nobody reads stuff here. I only looked by accident
|
jason
Site admin

Postby kwvp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Great. I'd be happy to be involved.

Aren't the Reformation CDs missing?
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby jason » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Postby kwvp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Oh, and bulletproof.
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby daryltaylor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Looks great and i'll help if i can m8. If i'm being picky there was 2 versions of Poppies Say Grrr! Brown paper bag and the reissue orange sleeve vinyl's.
CAN YOU DIG IT?
daryltaylor
radio pwei

Postby jason » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Postby poppiestar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Cheers dudes, much appreciated!

Just to answer daryltaylor's question, the plan is to first list everything by release - then dig into the (many) different versions of each one of those releases. So at the top level, Poppies Say Grrrr will just be the one release, but when you visit its page you'll see all the different versions (in this case, the brown and orange cover). If you want an idea of what I'm going for, check out the discogs.com PWEI page ().

How the hell did I miss Bulletproof?! :)

Now, does anyone have any opinions on which releases should be EPs or singles? I thought the earliest releases might be better categorised as EPs... and I'm still trying to decide if it's a good idea to separate the live albums from the studio albums. Although, the more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense to separate them.
Born to live and love, not to push and shove. Here to give hope and rise above all the bullshit and all the crap.
poppiestar
1000 X No

Postby Hunts » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 am

Hunts
1000 X No

Postby osr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am

the size of this project is terrifying.
osr
preaching to the perverted

Next

Return to pweination.com