[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - F1-11 Morse code

F1-11 Morse code

stuff about pwei

F1-11 Morse code

Postby 1000x No! » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Has anyone ever bothered to figure out what the morse code says in Love Missile?

I can't for one minute imagine that the band would've wasted the opportunity to spell out some expletive.

On the Box Frenzy version it's at 1:55, on the DGMegamix version it's really loud at 0:17 and probably says something else.
1000x No!
Beaver Patrol

Re: F1-11 Morse code

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 am

Damnit, I honestly tried. Listened to it over and over again for like 45 minutes trying to tap out the pattern and I just can't do it. I even tried slowing it down to half speed.

If someone here can actually pick up the differences between the dashes (long taps) and dots (short taps), here is a site that will translate it for you:
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby 1000x No! » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Doesn't old versions of CoolEdit on the PC let you highlight a frequency in a sound file isolate it?

Then it'd be easy to hear the morse code.

Sadly, I don't have CoolEdit as I'm on a Mac and have never found free software that does it. :(

I've just had a listen to the Designer Grebo mix, and I made out this sequence:

At 0.18: ---.--- .-- -- -.--. (second dot sounds clipped at the start, could've been a dash)
At 2.10: .-- -.--.-- -- -. (first and last dot sound clipped too)

Which according to your translator means nothing much at all!
?WM?
W?MN

But I could've got the spaces in the wrong place. If you add a few here and there the same sequences say this instead:
--- . --- .-- -- -. --. OEOWMNG
.-- -.-- .-- -- -. WYWMN

I think we need to get Charles Babbage on the case, it's beyond my amateur deciphering.
1000x No!
Beaver Patrol

Postby 80's Virus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:18 pm

I've always wanted to know what was being said at the beginning of pweization.

http://www.mixcloud.com/Eightiesvirus/pweization-intro/
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
80's Virus
1000 X No

Postby 1000x No! » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Hahaa... could've told you that one from memory!
1000x No!
Beaver Patrol

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 am

No no. The person tapping out that code is moving really, really fast. There are a lot more letters in there than that. This is not right, but it's more like ..- -.. ... -.- --. .-. .-- .-.- --- .-

I think it's time for one nerd forum group to talk to another - we need to find a morse code forum and go ask one of those guys.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby jason » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 am

Someone at work had a go as they are ex raf
",,,,
It appears to be

_ . _ _ Y
. _ _ W
. _ _ W
_ _ . G

However the gaps between the first three letters are not big enough so I could be wrong.

Make any sense to you?
....."

Any ideas?
|
jason
Site admin

Postby 80's Virus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 am

requires too much time and effort...Perhaps some problems are not meant to be solved?
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
80's Virus
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 am

You could well be right.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 pm

God, now I'm going to have to break out my Sigue Sigue Sputnik picture disc and play that to see if the Morse code is in there.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Return to All about the poppies