[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - PWEI and N.A.D. film archive screening THIS SATURDAY

PWEI and N.A.D. film archive screening THIS SATURDAY

News about pop will eat itself

PWEI and N.A.D. film archive screening THIS SATURDAY

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:18 pm

“LOVE FROM STOURBRIDGE 2019” presents an exclusive screening from Pop Will Eat Itself and Ned’s Atomic Dustbin film archive including unseen footage, plus guest appearances from Graham Crabb, Adam Mole and Jonn Penny.

Saturday 9 March at 3.30pm

The Mockingbird Cinema, Custard Factory, Birmingham, B9 4AA

Ahead of their UK headline tour next month, Pop Will Eat Itself and Ned’s Atomic Dustbin are joining forces in Birmingham on Saturday 9 March for an exclusive film screening at The Mockingbird Cinema.

As excitement builds for the second installment of the #LoveFromStourbridge tour, the screening will feature the band’s films Unspoilt By Progress and Nothing Is Cool, back-to-back; with unreleased/archive footage, some which has never been screened or shown anywhere else before and is unlikely to ever to be screened again.

This event is FREE to just 100 ticket holders!

Touring together in April for the first time since 1989, this unique tour reignites the fire of those gigs that happened three decades ago.

Let’s do it all over again…
Showing on Saturday March 9 2019 3:30 PM (130 Minutes)
The Mockingbird Cinema and Kitchen - The Mockingbird
Allocated Seating
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Re: PWEI and N.A.D. film archive screening THIS SATURDAY

Postby payback3000 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 am

Announced at too short notice for me to make it. Hope some of you can.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby rjrteb » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Wish I could make it...unfortunately not to be.

I also wish they'd release Unspoilt By Progress on DVD too. I still have the VHS, but no longer a working player.
rjrteb
1000 X No

Postby kwvp » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:28 am

Nice little cinema with cafe/bar attached. I love all the street art around the Custard Factory.

Unspoilt By Progress was up first. I was hoping for something polished taken from the original master, but it was essentially someone’s old VHS copy on a seemingly even older VHS player. Picture was flickering and without colour - made me quite nostalgic for the days of having to deal with the tracking being off when watching a video(!) - but the sound was great. Then just as Def Con One started the picture sorted itself out, it leapt into full colour, and looked as great as it sounded. Now it properly felt like a cinema experience rather than being round at a mate’s house in 1992. It was great to feel completely immersed, and I thoroughly enjoyed X, Y & Zee and 92° Fahrenheit as a result.

Nothing Is Cool was next. Despite having owned it for many years I realised I’m not sure I’ve actually ever watched it! Certainly I know Lunatic Magnets, but this was like a completely new experience. Some really funny moments and a great insight into what it was like touring back at the beginning of the nineties. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

And that was it. The two videos we came to see. People started getting up to leave, a bit curious about the unseen footage that was mentioned in the description. And then... something else started. The fabled Amalgamation video. In full. Live concert footage including Auslander, Urban Futuristic, Babylon, Familus Horribilus, RSVP, Karmadrome, Def Con One and Bulletproof! interspersed with back-stage footage including watching Wolves on the TV and Fuzz getting ready behind the kit as the intro music starts. Sound quality was a bit variable - sounded much more full and polished on the older tracks, and there was no holding back on the visual effects(!) - but what a treat. I’ve heard rumours of this for over 20 years, so to finally see it was brilliant. Plus I was completely transported back to being there on Sunday 13th March 1994 - my god that crowd BOUNCED! Really grateful for the chance to see and hear this time capsule. Wonderful.

I drove home with a happy heart. Not sure when colleagues ask how my weekend was tomorrow that I’ll be able to fully articulate the significance of a 4 hour round trip to watch some old VHS cassettes...
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 am

Thanks for the report on this. Great to hear about the concert film.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Phil » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 am

Phil
radio pwei

Postby kwvp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 pm

kwvp
radio pwei

Postby dave_van_damn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 am

Thanks for the report! I'll be sure to ask Crabbi about this tape if I manage to chat to him at the Birmingham gigs!
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Return to PWEI Communications