[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Looking for acapellas / interviews

Looking for acapellas / interviews

News about pop will eat itself

Looking for acapellas / interviews

Postby FunkyJ » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:37 am

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right place to post this... please move it somewhere relevant if not.

Inspired by DJ Food, Cheeba and Moneyshot's mix of the tunes Beastie Boys sampled on Paul's Boutique, I am looking to do something similar with PWEI's "This is This" and maybe "Cure For Sanity".

I realise this pretty ambitious, and I'm not the greatest DJ so it might not ever be as good as Food et al - they apparently spent a few years researching and then arranging the tracks whereas I'll probably just get drunk and press record one night and pop it on mixcloud - but I've got this in my head to do it now :D

I've got a fairly good collection of tunes and samples already, working from Who Sampled and the , however, what I'm lacking is acapellas and interview sources. If anyone here could help me out with links to PWEI acapells and some classic PWEI radio interviews, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!
FunkyJ

Re: Looking for acapellas / interviews

Postby dave_van_damn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:55 am

Sounds like a great project and I loved that Beastie Boys mix. That said, as far as I'm aware the only acapella from that era is Radio PWEI. At least that's thr only officially release 'pella. You might be able to extract some using software though but I e never had much luck. Or contact Crabbi on Facebooks and see if he can hook you up...
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Return to PWEI Communications