[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Anti Nasty League

Anti Nasty League

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Anti Nasty League

Postby sadchild » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:20 pm

In this game you don't need muscle
All you gotta do is hustle
sadchild
XY & Zee

Postby letmein » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Can't say I've read everything here but it does seem strange not to have digital only in some form. 85% royalties supposedly go to bandcamp artists and possibly cdbaby....(though cdbaby might suck now) if the band can't set up their own web service.(I believe they let you set the price and whether only a full album purchase can be made.) I ended up purchasing anti nasty new off ebay recently at a slightly cheaper price than pwei store estimate. I've known about the album since release and only got around to purchasing now. If digital only was available I probably would have purchased much sooner than stack close to 10+ dollars on shipping. Just my possibly literally worthless American 2 cents.
letmein
not now james

Postby sadchild » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:24 pm

I keep scouring eBay hoping for a decent deal
sadchild
XY & Zee

Postby payback3000 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:09 am

I've just forked out £75 for all 3 CD formats including postage from OZ for the 'International Edition' - Yes I know this is just the UK versions with stickers on but I'm very sad. I don't consider £75 to be horrific for 1 x CD / 2 x CD / 2 x CD and DVD with the posters and all the other stuff...for something that is limited runs.

Is maybe an order from OZ to US cheaper than UK to US?
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby urban_futuristic » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:28 am

OK... so it's been a while since I've been here & only just saw these recent posts now.

To clear up any questions on the Oz releases... I have actually organised this deal for Australia with Graham directly.

The stock is the same stock as the UK editions, however the poster / lyric sheet is a different colour to the UK version. (it also doesn't have the space at the bottom of the poster where the ones from the band were numbered & signed etc).
The 2CD & 2CD+DVD versions do not have the badges & stickers etc that are included in the ones from shop.popwilleatitself.net - however, as you all know, the album has not been available to buy outside of the PWEI shop previously & I had arranged this deal with Graham to make it a little more accessible.

We agreed that a slightly 'stripped down' version (without the badges etc), but with a different poster would hopefully not piss off too many people who may have bought it in the PWEI shop. And the "International Edition" stickers are mainly so we could include a barcode for retail purposes, but also to identify this version from the bands version.

Payback, I know that £75 isn't cheap - trust me, I forked out over AU$300 on the album in the PWEI shop myself - but I can vouch for the fact that this album was not cheap to make or produce, so stock is never going to be cheap!
Also, it is 'technically' only intended for the AU & Asia Pacific market anyway... (however I know you & I are as 'sad' as each other on that stuff & will buy it simply for a sticker & different poster!)

That said, if anyone is wanting this edition, there are only a handful of copies of the single CD available & you can grab them here:
(best price & free shipping in Australia)

point blank, zero return...
urban_futuristic
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:47 am

Hi mate no I meant I think £75 is really fair for all 3 with postage sorry for any confusion. Great to hear the poster is different too. Thanks for sorting this release out as well.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby sadchild » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:06 pm

sadchild
XY & Zee

Postby letmein » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:30 am

Got the album finally and I like it. There's a good energy to the album. A return to form. ;)

I was really disappointed in NNDBAS. I really liked a lot of Sonic Noise Byte and Vile Evils till Fuzz left. After Fuzz it seemed I disliked the direction a lot of songs ended up taking and some songs just didn't pan out too well despite a promising sounding preview. Some songs I previously liked in the early versions were even ruined for me. Sonic Noise Byte's sampling didn't always give a you a clear idea of what some of those songs ultimately became. It was part of why I've been reluctant to pick up Anti Nasty League.

Unlike Sonic Noise Byte I feel like the taster preview of Anti Nasty League gives you a good idea of what the songs sound like on the album:

https://soundcloud.com/pwei-official/pw ... bum-taster

There's a little bit of extended talking on a song or so that might leave you with a different impression from the preview but I don't think that is really unexpected from PWEI's style nor always bad. I do wish the album had a readable binding to find it in stacks of cds. I do feel like I neglect albums sometimes because they can get overlooked in your cd collection stack.

The album insert says this is the 7th PWEI album. I feel its the 8th thanks to "A Lick Of The Old Cassette Box" ;)
letmein
not now james

Postby sadchild » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:29 pm

the 2cd and 2cd+dvd versions are finally on ebay, but the price is astronomical.

$35 for the 2 disc set and $45 for the 3 disc set.

seller is 'nerve-gas'
sadchild
XY & Zee

Postby payback3000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:57 pm

i got all 3 foramt from them for £75 including delivery...I though that was reasonable however I have no idea how this translates to dollars...Is the dollar still on it's knees?
payback3000
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications