[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - EPISODE VII

EPISODE VII

Re: EPISODE VII

Postby VMNP » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Phil » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Hang on, I think we've just hit our first snag. Gwendoline Christies role is allegedly named Captain Phasma. Phasma? PHASMA?!

On the subject of Andy Serkis; you know when he does Golem? Isn't the voice he does essentially just a shit Daffy Duck impression?
Phil
radio pwei

Postby The_LHC » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:09 am

The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby Phil » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:35 am

So I finally got to see The Force Awakens and in my opinion it is good. Maybe it's too obviously been made to please the fans but as a pleased fan I can live with that. Better than the prequels and maybe, without the fog of nostalgia, even as good as Return Of The Jedi.

And, yes, some of us middle aged fans did suddenly find our eyes a bit moister than usual towards the end....
Phil
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:11 pm

I loved every second, even prefered it to ROTJ myself. Great first third of the story, can't wait to see where it goes in Episode VIII. 8-)
VMNP

Postby payback3000 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:21 am

I liked the first 40 mins or so - really good fun...after that...just average - just a rerun of New Hope...cool ending. Still 100 times better than the prequels...I got bored though.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby jason » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:10 pm

I loved it. Seen it twice now. One bit I don't like is the sad bit.

Merry Christmas

Jas
xx
|
jason
Site admin

Postby VMNP » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:03 am

VMNP

Postby Phil » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Seen it twice now. Have to say the Sad Bit was well executed (no pun intended) especially when you compare it to any attempts in the Prequels to conjure up a bit of emotion. Except for Qui Gons noble end, perhaps, if only because I personally thought Liam Neeson was great.

I can't say im particularly excited for Star Wars Rogue One though. This rumoured inclusion of Darth Vader sounds like a 'bums on seats' move. And as for this bloody Young Han Solo movie, when its £2 for the blu-ray I might just think about it but otherwise im not interested. I don't want all the gaps in Star Wars being filled like this.
Phil
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Why on the tihrd attempt at building a death star does the new one have the same design fault that allows it to be blown up? I'd started to nod off at that point but it seemed even easier to destroy.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to off you go