[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Wise Up! Sucker video edit on vinyl/CD?

Wise Up! Sucker video edit on vinyl/CD?

stuff about pwei

Wise Up! Sucker video edit on vinyl/CD?

Postby Waz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Hard to believe it's twenty five years since PWEI released "Wise Up! Sucker" and it's still one of my favourite songs of theirs.

One mystery I always had was that the video had a different version in terms of lyrics, the line "cos my head's up my ass" is replaced with "cos my head's in a blast instead (bit odd too considering the next line "I watch the world through a glass" as well)

Thing is, was that version ever released on vinyl or CD? I have the 10", 12" and CD single and none of the 7" versions have this edit, they're the standard 7" version with the original vocals. Was there maybe a radio promo 7" where the words were changed and released for them as well as the video?

I know in later years that did happen (I have the promo CD for "Get The Girl Kill The Baddies" which has the "yeah, you brothers and sisters" line instead of "yeah, you motherfuckers") but always wanted to get my hands on the different version of Wise Up! Sucker for completion's sake really..
Last edited by Waz on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She loves me, she loves me not..."
Twitter: @zawtowers
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Waz
not now james

Re: Wise Up! Sucker video edit on vinyl/CD?

Postby Mad Bastard » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 pm

There is a 7" promo with that edit, however there's actually another 7" promo with a different edit which has the same label just to confuse things!

There's a thread about it here that will help you: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=569
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:43 pm

The version you are after is also on The Hits Album 10 if you want it on CD.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Waz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Waz
not now james

Postby jason » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:25 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Postby jason » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Postby Waz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Waz
not now james

Postby Waz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:11 pm

My copy of The Hits 10 double CD arrived today, and I can confirm that it is the video/radio edit. Thanks to VNMP for the heads up.

Well worth it for the mere small price I paid to get that one on CD :)
Waz
not now james

Return to All about the poppies