Requests

Stuff about pweination

Re: Requests

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I have frequently, especially for New Noise, wondered about the exact words in specific songs... but cannot usually find reliable lyrics anywhere on the web. I can tell they aren't reliable when I look at them and I know more of the correct lyrics than the person who wrote the ones I'm seeing.

Soooo, what would it take to get a lyrics section up on the pweination?
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby jason » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Stubborn Puppet wrote:I have frequently, especially for New Noise, wondered about the exact words in specific songs... but cannot usually find reliable lyrics anywhere on the web. I can tell they aren't reliable when I look at them and I know more of the correct lyrics than the person who wrote the ones I'm seeing.

It is planned but just not had time. If people were willing to help though -even quicker.
jason
Site admin

Postby jason » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:10 pm

jason wrote:
Stubborn Puppet wrote:I have frequently, especially for New Noise, wondered about the exact words in specific songs... but cannot usually find reliable lyrics anywhere on the web. I can tell they aren't reliable when I look at them and I know more of the correct lyrics than the person who wrote the ones I'm seeing.

It is planned but just not had time. If people were willing to help though -even quicker.

Samples too!
jason
Site admin

Postby VMNP » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 pm

That could take some time :!: :lol:
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby jason » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:29 pm

VMNP wrote:That could take some time :!: :lol:

If all the lyrics/sample info was in Excel format or similar (columns and rows) then it's easier for me to get done. Does anyone fancy taking on an album or lyrics or samples?
jason
Site admin

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:22 am

Since it's my idea, I'm willing to do one or two albums. I'm terrible with Excel, but I can manage.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not even mildly informed about where the samples come from... but I do know where one that I really like comes from: In Dr. Nightmare's Medication Time, the women saying, "We like it, we like it!" is Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby Mad Bastard » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:51 am

Most of the sample info you could ever need is still up on the old Pop Will Sample Itself site: http://them.ws/pwsi/index.htm
Here to sing, by request, here we bring... England's Finest
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 pm

The Can U Dig It riff wasn't from FNM it was played by The Buzzard FACT.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby dugbonsai » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:53 pm

There's also this that I created (with help from a lot of people) for Tezzer's site:

http://homepage.mac.com/dwbonser/Sites/PWEI/SAMPLES.html
dugbonsai
preaching to the perverted

Postby jason » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:15 pm

dugbonsai wrote:There's also this that I created (with help from a lot of people) for Tezzer's site:

http://homepage.mac.com/dwbonser/Sites/PWEI/SAMPLES.html

That was one of the sites I'd bookmarked and was going to contact the owner and ask if it was OK to nick their stuff. I do generally ask permission despite what you think from previous encounters. Do you own that site then? Can I use it.

I reckon the HTML on that site is easily nickable and I can sitck into a database so it plays nicely.

If anyone is interested in helping then let me know (PM or email me). What I could probably do is set up a google doc in the right format to allow anyone to add as little or as much of the lyrics as possible (i.e. one song). I reckon the sample list based on the link is quite easy to do but might need extending.

To help out you'd basically need to be able to copy and paste lyrics to two sites (or one site and Excel). You don't need to be an Excel expert (or simllar but not word!). Anyone interested? PM me.

Jas
jason
Site admin

PreviousNext

Return to pweination.com