[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Intimate Leicester Gig

Intimate Leicester Gig

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Intimate Leicester Gig

Postby MissCP » Sat May 23, 2015 1:47 am

Damn that gig was fantastic! Even with all the 'special remixes' (I.e. flubbing lyrics and sound glitches). I'm looking forward to the other gigs, either with or without special mixing.

The treat of hearing three Je Sui Crabbi songs live was awesome!
MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby dave_van_damn » Sat May 23, 2015 6:55 am

Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 am

WOW just amazing!

Feel fragile now though!
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Waz » Sat May 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Just got back from Leicester, and that was a rather good night all round wasn't it?

Didn't expect to see Crabbi do a few solo numbers early on, but I'm sure I noticed VNMP singing along to the chorus of "Bonophobic" (I was too - blasting out "U2! Get off my f****g phone!") - I wasn't sure what to make of it initially, but it certainly gives Graham more chance to rant a tad, which actually worked nicely.

The support act were The Vanishing Point, and they rocked out enough and were decent - however annoyingly, two people were stood in front of me, obvious fans of said band, filming most of the entire gig on their phone. Grrrr.

PWEI came on around 10pm and the next hour and a half was mental. The venue was long and narrow, and this meant plenty of action down the front - it was pretty mental. It soon also got very very hot and sweaty in there, and was quite pleased when one of the side exit doors was partially opened, allowing some air in, but my it was hot. I think everyone came out rather warm in the end.

So a good set all round: 92 Degrees was nice to hear again, especially more like the original Very Metal Noise Pollution EP version, Watch The Bitch Blow was loud and angry, and Director's Cut also went down nicely, the slow / rocking out bits giving people chance to recover before pogoing. Naturally the old stuff went down very well, Can U Dig It was a mass jump around (and several of the crowd helping out Mary Byker with the second verse) - the power cut out during one track briefly which they recovered claiming it was a remix, Ich Bin Ein Auslander was passionate, Dance of the Mad got everyone in the mood and the closer to the main set of 21st Century English Civil War went down a treat.

Everyone did the "woo! woo!" bit in Everything's Cool as one, which was a really good moment, and I didn't expect an encore as expected the curfew to have come down, but good to hear Def Con One, Get The Girl! Kill The Baddies! and Their Law at the end, with all three having one massive bounce around to it.

For those of you going to Manchester, enjoy, and remember because it's part of the Gigantic 2 all-dayer, PWEI are on at 7pm - don't miss them.
"She loves me, she loves me not..."
Twitter: @zawtowers
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Waz
not now james

Postby ronk-villa » Sat May 23, 2015 1:47 pm

I think you were stood by me mate....coz those people with the phones were right in my eye line.

If theyd have carried that on during the poppies those phones would have gone for a burton!
ronk-villa
XY & Zee

Postby VMNP » Sat May 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby daryltaylor » Sat May 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Brilliant gig yesterday, we were right at the front so great view. Also nice to meet a few of the guys off here too. The band were in great form even though a few lyrics were forgotten but was pretty funny. Also got my CD's signed by the whole band which made my day even better. Anyone that goes on this Tour is in for a treat!
CAN YOU DIG IT?
daryltaylor
radio pwei

Previous

Return to PWEI Communications