[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - 25th May - O2 Islington.

25th May - O2 Islington.

News about pop will eat itself

Re: 25th May - O2 Islington.

Postby Mad Bastard » Tue May 27, 2014 9:50 am

Yeah I thought Jason sounded particularly awesome, especially at the end of PWEI-zation. Reclaim The Game was great fun too, and loved the bit after the Crabbi slagging off Pledge Music when it turned to 'blame FIFA for everything' :D
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby MissCP » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby dave_van_damn » Tue May 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Tue May 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby payback3000 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm

payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby VMNP » Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Ah ok cheers for that. My other question being...Why has Graham got the hump with Pledge Music?
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Dr Peter O'Boogie » Tue May 27, 2014 5:51 pm

sounds like I missed a good night :|

I have had a bit of a stomach problem recently, a lot better now but cant really eat too much or too late - had planned to show off my slender new shape. I look so well apparently, which is ironic after so much sickness :lol:

Friday went well (NIN), drank far too much though and that's not a cheap thing to do at the O2, Saturday morning was awoken by my granddaughter nice and early and felt fine, had a bacon sandwich & took my pills. The problem was a bit later I got the hangover munchies, ate far too much of the wrong food (and forgive my coarseness, didn't shit) and being tired slept early. A terrible night / morning followed and I was just too rough to go on Sunday night.
Sorry for not being able to let anyone know, my electrical devices pinged off one by one on Sunday morning with feeling too rough to locate chargers and my phone is pretty much useless (although a replacement has arrived) at present.

Spent yesterday watching some great video from Bristol (I think) on YouTube, felt like crying. NIN were good, but it feels similar to having to leave an event before the main act.

Anyway - glad to hear it was a good night, and what's this about Graham voicing distaste with Pledge? I can only think its due to the delay in actually producing or sending anything, a label starting with "D" springs heavily to mind!
"See through the news and the views that twist reality"
Dr Peter O'Boogie
radio pwei

Postby retrodreaming » Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Graham's probably pissed with Pledge because they haven't sent out any of the orders yet. So the band are playing stuff you haven't heard unless you've downloaded it.

I think Tim did a great job, and the band are probably playing better than ever in terms of the current incarnation of the band. I disagree about Jason, he's good, but his style is quite rigid and boxy, and doesn't have the swing of Fuzz - listen to the live version of DOTM from 2005 (Reformation) vs 2012 (Reading), especially all the fills in the verses - which reminds me of the differences between Robbie Maddix and Reni on The Stone Roses drum stools. Both are good, but one drummers style, to my ears, matches the old material better. Would be nice to hear more stuff off Cure For Sanity and LOTL? as well. They'd do a cracking "Bulletproof". or "Mother". Or the pop version of "92F".

However, in my opinion, and this is not to dismiss the current band at all, the 1986-1995,2005 versions were much more enjoyable shows. (Well, apart from the 1996 gigs, they were miserable)
retrodreaming

Postby pedro » Thu May 29, 2014 8:33 am

Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby syd hancock » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

Yeah, I really enjoyed the gig. Tiniest 'stage' I've ever seen PWEI on.

Thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the show, the enthusiasm of the band (whom I have now completely accepted as PWEI mk.2),
the reduced moves available to Graham and Mary; enjoyed Graham's drumkit tumble, minor as it was.

Watch The Bitch Blow and Reclaim the Game slipped into the set perfectly and now, more so than the first shows for Mk.2, they seem, sound and feel like a band.

Bring on Stourbridge!
Got shit for brains, got blinkered vision; steal our lines from television
syd hancock
not now james

Previous

Return to PWEI Communications