[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - More Vinyl?

More Vinyl?

News about pop will eat itself

More Vinyl?

Postby Ohm » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:54 am

Evening all, hope everybody's doing well. Nice to see the news of the new EP on the horizon, and hopefully a new album soon. Looking forward to hearing both asap.

I was asked this week whether there'd be an interest in more limited PWEI vinyl along the lines of the 'Cassette Box' LP. Perhaps the remastered albums, or a set of the highlights from the rarities and unreleased stuff from the reissues. I thought about doing the latter on CD for those people who might not have been interested in buying the albums again, but I'm always wary of anything that looks like exploiting fans. But hopefully the reissues we did all had value and didn't feel like they were robbing people of their hard earned, so I thought I'd ask you guys and see whether there's an apetite for more collectables. Any thoughts?

RA
Ohm
1000 X No

Re: More Vinyl?

Postby The_LHC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Let's see, would Pop Will Eat Itself fans like MORE stuff to collect? Ummm, does the Pope shit in the woods?

The answer's yes, in case I didn't make that clear enough!
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby VMNP » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:45 am

It would be great to hear more unreleased stuff (alternate versions of Hangman and Point Blank would be very welcome)

All of CR's PWEI releases have had some great treats on them.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby payback3000 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 am

Yes - a nice EP maybe of some stuff that didn't fit on to the re-issues? Alt versions or instrumentals? acapella's if they exist? That sort of thing.

if it was all exclusive stuff I reckon it would sell out again.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby urban_futuristic » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:36 am

you know me Ohm... just put me down for a couple of everything! ;)
point blank, zero return...
urban_futuristic
radio pwei

Postby Mad Bastard » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 am

Two words: fuck yeah! :D
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Waz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:02 pm

The bonus stuff on the CR reissues certainly made them more interesting for many of us fans who bought the albums first time around, particularly stuff that wasn't released at all beforehand. A fair number of the collectors do have some of the radio promos, single B-sides, but for the casual fan having a good portion of these included also increased the curiousity value to make them consider it.

Getting "A Lick of the Old Cassette Box" on the DDMA reissue was certainly a great achievement, and that incentivised a lot people a lot more to get that. I was more than happy having that on the 2nd CD but the limited vinyl selling out should be a reasonably good marker of the demand for more vinyl (hopefully.)

Just thinking: it's the 25th anniversary of the release of Wise Up! Sucker soon, so maybe a limited CD single and vinyl EP of all versions (standard 7", 7" promo POP2 A1 edit (end part at start), 7" promo POP 2 A2 edit ("head's in a blast" lyric, also available on The HIts Album 10 compilation album), 10", 12" Youth Mix, live version from At Weird's Bar and Grill, and/or or even live version from current lineup along with new re-recording?)
"She loves me, she loves me not..."
Twitter: @zawtowers
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Waz
not now james

Postby negative8ball » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:46 pm

To the original question - a vinyl release of all the "exclusives" (new stuff not previously released) would be an excellent vinyl project IMHO... and limited will, obviously, sell out... we're a collector-minded bunch LOL.
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:30 pm

I'd agree with the above and it would be great to have this stuff on vinyl as well as CD it's just a shame that such a compilation would overlook the 96 material (seeing as it was thank's to CR that any of it got released at all) Errrrrrrr perhaps the alternate versions of Hangman and Point Blank could get chucked on as bonus tracks? :)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Next

Return to PWEI Communications