[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Dos Dedos Re-issue

Dos Dedos Re-issue

News about pop will eat itself

Dos Dedos Re-issue

Postby perceptionnexus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Wasn't sure how/if I could change the thread title of the dos dedos 2012 thread so here is a fresh one! I really hope we get some good news on this soon. I'm looking forward to this release more than any other this year.
perceptionnexus
not now james

Re: Dos Dedos Re-issue

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm

DDMA 20XX

Actually, not a bad remaster/reissue/remix album name.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby kwvp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 am

kwvp
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am

2094, 100th anniversary edition.
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Ohm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Ahoy,

Adam alerted me to this thread - I think 2013 is a safe bet! We're still basically waiting on Universal to clear the ISRC codes and track times for the 1996 material. Without getting too into it, they're not exactly quick out of the blocks. I've had to re-supply track times already because they misplaced them, and there have been other ups and downs. But it's definitely happening, the album itself has been cleared, and we're just waiting on these clearances now.

In truth, fifty years of terrible record keeping is really starting to slow the machine down to a snail's pace compared to the speed the rest of the world runs at in the 'internet age' (whatever that is). They don't seem to have been digitising their files as they go, so we're more or less having to do the job for them and start from scratch in a lot of cases. I did another reissue a couple of years ago and had to scan a single sleeve and email it over to prove to the licensor that they owned one of the b-sides I wanted to include. They had no record of it at all. Not good.

I played the 96 material today for the first time in a wee while, actually, prompted by Adam's email, and it sounds great. It's going to be worth the wait, definitely.

X
Ohm
1000 X No

Postby Onket » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:13 pm

How about a sneak/leak preview?

Say, one track, linked to on here, to stream only, for a limited time?

Or something?

It's been AGES!!

*cheeky mode off*
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby perceptionnexus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you so much for the update, Ohm! Even though Universal is slowing the whole thing down, totally made my day to know it's definitely going to be seeing the light of day.
perceptionnexus
not now james

Postby bronxzoo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 pm

"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby dave_van_damn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 am

Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:41 am

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Next

Return to PWEI Communications