[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Wonder Stuff Jesus Jones PWEI

Wonder Stuff Jesus Jones PWEI

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Wonder Stuff Jesus Jones PWEI

Postby payback3000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I think the JJ keyboatd player was on day release. He is rubbish.

Anyhow I was in front of the the 2 guys who sort of wanted a fight but were to wet to really get into it. It was very lively. PWEI carried the wieght of bringing a bit of punk attitude to the evening and really tore it up. JJ were really good but a bit tame.

Wonderstuff for me always veer between great songs and MOR meh. Lucky for me I could not quite see Fuzz drumming like an angel with it's wings clipped. He did a great job god bless him but it was a bit tame compared to the PWEI days. Overall I enjoyed watching them. They are a good band with some very good songs. I like Mission Drive and all that. I'm a softie.

PWEI seem to have started bootlegging there own stuff to save anyone else doing it. I like the Box Frenzy one. it looks like a bad scan of the LP logo - which is probably is - made into a 1 colour screen. It's nice and punky. The rasta flavour PEPSI tee on black is not great. The logo is too small and overall it really does look like a bootleg of the OG versions. I got one anyway because I was drunk. I looks shit besides the ones we did years back.

Good to see a few faces there. I think I ended up on the beer soaked floor at least once. ONKET managed at least 4 trips over the barrier and Crabbi had a little surf too!

x

*EDIT* - Jas they started with back to business. S&D was not played at all. They need to sort out Englands Finest for a real intro. B2B is all palyed out now. I was having a whizz through the intro - caught me out.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby negative8ball » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm

As a first PWEI show (never saw the OG lineup) - I must say I was RIGHT blown away... as were the casual fans with me.

I was in O'Neill's before, but realized I had no way of identifying the Nation... I figured, I'll talk to the crowd of PWEI shirts and introduce myself like a nut... then I saw MASSIVE amounts of PWEI shirts and realized it was a lost cause... apologies for not saying hello.

The "Preaching/Back2Biz" intro is fun - but eats a LOT of set time on a 50min setlist - so I would agree to cutting that. S&D would have been a nice addition, though in general I was pretty happy with the mix. As much as I love Their Law, I'd swap it for a more-vocally-involved song LOL.

There was a guy in a blue "GREBO" shirt (like a name on a sports shirt) with a "9" below it... looked cool (was in the balcony so could watch all the carnage from a distance) - is that an official shirt, or something unique (if anyone knows)?

And I liked Jesus Jones - yes, Iain is a little wacky - but they sounded great - a little more energy might have been on hand if Mike hadn't been sick...
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby jason » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

I enjoyed it. Jesus Jones were good. PWEI were ace but would I say anything else. I do really like the wonder stuff but to be honest I remember very little as we kept having those shots of red stag/deer or something. My wife had the flu so she couldn't make this one (I think she prefers Jesus Jones but is too loving to say it. She likes bogshed and red lorry yellow lorry and other obscure indie bands so no accounting for taste).

I would like to meet a few of the people on the site next time. I usually see Paul/Rob and Drew (sorry Drew we never actually speak that much!). We need a code or something.

I was right up front and felt like a kid again as Graham was in the crowd and stage diving.

Does anyone have a set list?

As per usual I have heard several rumours about the Birmingham gig but I don't think they are true. I'd be there if they were. I'm sure you can guess!

I took a photo of me, Paul and Rob so will post this somewhere.

I'm hoping April in Brighton is the same line-up ????

Was Adam at the London gig?
|
jason
Site admin

Postby charley » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 am

Went to Leeds last night. My god the poppies were just amazing, possibly the best I've seen them. Utterly blown away I was, I love stuffies but they had no hope of following the poppies tonight, I reckon a late showing from the Mayans would have struggled. They utterly tore the place apart, we got seek and destroy which others didn't it seems. Can't remember the full setlist but safe to say it blew the crowd away. Don't know what occurred in Liverpool but Graham and Mary were slating the crowd from that night. Roll on next year, just great to see the boys on a big stage again, we even got a group hug/bow thing at the end, never seen them do that before. Jesus Jones looked very lame in comparison and yes Iain baker was acting like a Dick. Stuffies were really good as they generally are, New guitarist looked a bit shy but frankly they had no hope tonight, Milo pretty much said as much.

We certainly had this lot (not in order):

Back to Business
Preach to the Perverted
Auslander
Def Con One
Their Law
Nose Bleeder Turbo
Get the Girl...
Everythings Cool
Old School Cool
Seek & Destroy

maybe a couple more too.
charley
Beaver Patrol

Postby osr » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 pm

osr
preaching to the perverted

Postby RolexTharsus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:41 am

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby payback3000 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:20 am

Not the best choice of a band to start on...well at least not the best choice of drummer to start on.

Calm down, calm down.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Onket » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:43 am

"Give them the noises they need" - Nik Turner
Mike
not now james

Postby jason » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 am

wonder stuff in TV advert.....
http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/WebPages/Pro ... ionId=1422

PWEI next. BAE systems could use bulletproof.
|
jason
Site admin

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications