[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - new single?

new single?

News about pop will eat itself

Re: new single?

Postby Coops » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:37 pm

"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Postby Hunts » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:45 pm

I've been a poppie junkie for twenty years now. Let me clear the air on this trip... NNDBAS it a killer album maybe I'm bias towards a step forward after such a big hole I my music aquirements for the last ten years but Musically its a well made record, the sound is crisper and clearer than DDMA- mixed seemlessly- you can hear everything! Not too much not too little, the tracks are slick and even contain lyrics in most places which is more than what the Prodigy can do. The ablum runs at a slick forty minutes so it dosn't take alot of my time to listen to it not like most peoples albums. Now I got on board at CFS and every album has gotten better than the last-including NNDBAS. I was very sceptical when I realised that Noone was left from the war except Grahm and i thought i would hate it just on pricipal. but it holds up. The new drummer is tens times better than Fuzz!
And lastly I think Mask is one o the best tracks on there. Especially in that driving section that just doesn't seem to let up before the bridge, and for a band that was known for their sample driven rock i can still hear the worlds greatest plagerists drawing from Gary Numans' cars in there somewhere- it might not be a direct sample but surely inspired by?
Agreed that the last single was crap, only three tracks and practicaly the same track each time, I might as well just put the first track on repeat- boring! The remixer musta got lazy but i'm looking forward to 'diguise', hopefully some polar opposites in the remixes at the very least if no B-sides.

Long live PWEI (by the way if you guys read these posts I need to hear a full version of 'I'm gonna get you baby' from the sonic noise byte.)
Hunts
1000 X No

Postby payback3000 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Chaos & Mayhem was remixed by ASBO KID which is James from EMF and someone else?. There were 2 mixes - one with Snovonne on vox (apparantly created for a separate project around the time it was a VE song) and one with Crabbi on. Both mixes are amazing -yes the same - but you get a chioce of Crabbi or the Diva don't you?. The music under the vocals is excellent and a world away from the original.

As for the LP - I can't see a lot of point in fans comparing either way it so soon to LP's they have lived with for 15 - 25 years. Their opinions of those LPs are going to be coloured by the lives they were living then, and the years they have lived with those LP's for. Your never going to get a true opinion from yourself of the relative quality are you?. I would say any PWEI fan who can't see anything worthy on this LP needs to move on...Are people really telling me tracks like Seek & Destroy, Wasted and Disguise are rubbish? There are some really harsh fan reviews on Amazon US that suggest some people cannot get any joy from this venture.

I can't judge the LP against the back catalogue - ask me in 10yrs time. I can judge it on how much I like it which is about a 3/5 right now. I do think however some of the tracks are up there with the best from the back catalogue and others are a bit weak, or just not to my taste. I used to really hate Home from DDMA but years on I realise it's pretty ace.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Onket » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Good posts.
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby RolexTharsus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby kjwylie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:50 pm

kjwylie
radio pwei

Postby Coops » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I think 99.9& of the posts are great on here.
"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Postby jason » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:25 am