[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - new album tracks?

new album tracks?

News about pop will eat itself

Re: new album tracks?

Postby chrisconnection » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 pm

. Kinda sounds like it could have come a few years after dos dedos.[/quote]

*droools*
Long Live PWEI.
chrisconnection
1000 X No

Postby mikenasty » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:07 am

One of the many ironic things about this Graham version of PWEI is that I always felt it was Clint taking the band in the heavier-industrial direction with Graham keeping a little bit more of the fun in the band by the end.
mikenasty
1000 X No

Postby payback3000 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 am

payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Coops » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:37 pm

"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Sadly, it ticks the wrong boxes for me.
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby matt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

beaming out a message...
matt
1000 X No

Postby payback3000 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 pm

I listend to Dos Dedos all the way through last night and it still sounds massive and very heavy. The production is great. I think it's the second most 'complete' PWEI LP after This Is This. If the new LP sounds as good and as heavy as DDMA and the songs are strong I will be pretty happy really.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:19 pm

I've been listening to DDMA in it's entirety quite a bit lately, and I concur, it's an amazing album. If you listen to each album that the Poppies have released all the way back to "Poppies Say GRRR!" you'll notice how far they've come, better or worse. As much as I'd dig a throw back to the fun loving CFS or LOTLS albums, I can appreciate an album as dense as OHM describes. The only thing I fear is that the heavy tones describes are going to be stock nu-metal guitar stabs, not the fleshed out riffs of old.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 pm

I absolutely hammered DDMA to death in 94/95 (hey I was a teenager) & loved every track except Cape Connection. Listening to it now I'm a grumpy 30-something, my favourite tracks seem to be the more Graham-centric ones (Kick to Kill, Home, RSVP & I've finally warmed to CC) and as much as I love Auslander, I find Underbelly, Fatman & Everything's Cool are a wee bit samey. If we're going on from the Grahamey DDMA direction via the better end of Vileevils then I'm rather excited.

One question, how much is Mary on the LP? Is there a lot of twin vocal stuff or is it predominantly Gra?
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Onket » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Onket
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications