[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Beautiful days

Beautiful days

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Beautiful days

Postby senorxav » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 pm

pweibd1.jpg
pweibd1.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
A pic from Facebook of the BD set :)
senorxav

Postby senorxav » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:40 pm

and another...
pweibd2.jpg
pweibd2.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
senorxav

Postby pedro » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Bring on October
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby nerans » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm

http://youtu.be/54lGlLfNM5M some footage here, hope the link works peoples.
nerans

Postby nomorefakereunions » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 pm

That's "Pop Will Eat Itself".. Not Pop Will Eat Itself.

Shame the othe rband didn't take their silly flag down.
nomorefakereunions
preaching to the perverted

Postby RolexTharsus » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby kwvp » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Wish I'd been there for that version of Their Law.
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 pm

It's good but i would prefer a vocal version myself (That is my only complaint about what i've watched so far)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby c3tra » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm

k........

where to start?

i have been a fan since box frenzy but never got to see live, so with this festival that i already had tix for... imagine my utter jubilation they were on the bill.
i remember the first year the stuffies played there 2005/6?, i turned to a guy next to me in a amalgamation shirt and said about the poppies playing.."never happen" was the response...

fast forward to 2011

got down the front right as soon as paul heaton got off, a few tees were there already milling about, got chatting to a guy in a homemade tee and soon had a few others asking questions when i mentioned the forum and reissues.....only about 30 people were along the railing at this point but there were more coming down and a growing group behind me...

the announcer came on and said something along the lines of "we have seen many comebacks over the years and this ones no exeption" "this is only the second gig they have played"...something like that anyway

moral majority started up and my anxiety about what the next hour would bring became flesh....everywhere i looked people were high and excited, smiling and laughing....dropped straight into Englands Finest, sounded like they just played the record...was pitch perfect and my fears (as senorxav said) ebbed away...
the rest became a blur of me cocking my leg up on Wise Up, dealing with it, jumping, dancing, singing, watching the crowd and the guys...
Graham and Mary worked the stage chest bumps abound, jason played like a fucking demon (lots of comments about his fury afterwards), Tim (who i was in front of) played agressively and directed the crowd at moments, did not catch much of Davey but bass was top notch nonetheless....i looked around from time to time and saw a huge crowd behind us, fists in the air....
my luvverly who was watching from the front side on (v pregnant @ moment :) ) said she saw kids singing every word which blew her away considering they are a 20 year old band
cant remember the order....

PWEi V's the Moral Majority .....off album
England's Finest........... ...........just like the original
Wise Up! Sucker!.....................sounded much heavier
Axe of men..............................heavier
Preaching to the Perverted........i lost my voice
theres no love between us........so happy they played this....
Old skool cool......................... was this a ve track? dunno....but loved the dont fuck with the oldskool refrain, high energy and felt very pwei
RSVP......................................album rip
Babylon...................................mmmm....my only down point...dont get me wrong was good but....i love the original for its downbeatness...
Ich Bin Ein Auslander................"one of mr mansells finest" as hard as i ever hoped it would be live.....
Everything's Cool?....................still singing it now
Cape Connection......................see above, tho mary mucked up the words a bit if i remember :)
Get the Girl, Kill the Baddies.....flawless....
Chaos & Mayhem.....................had a bit of reworking sounds great
Their Law.................................closer....cue several thousand people shouting fuck em at the top of their voices...interesting take on the lyrics at end....see RolexTharsus post for vid (btw guy down front in yellow cat hat....thats me!!!)

guys went off stage, had seen someone pulled over barriers by medical staff, funniest moment for me was a couple of chavvy kids got into the pit and tried to survive....went off crying............

overall they ( in my blinkered opinion) were on top of what they are doing and were the best performance of the festival (levs had really really REALLY bad sound issues on sunday and Shelanagig comes second)....

if this is what the future of the poppies is.... then it has this longtime fans wholehearted approval
Last edited by c3tra on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get straight....got to decontaminate....before its too late
c3tra
not now james

Postby senorxav » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Having seen the post above I forgot that they played "there is no love between us" and "axe of men" at BD. Perhaps they were the lowlights of teh set for me and that's why they didn't stick in my mind? - or maybe that was the sunburn I was going n about!

Great review by c3tra and good work by nerans and RolexTharsus on the Youtube vids.

If I'm honest, I prefer the version of their law c.1996 / 2005 with (?) Clint's lyrics, but musically this one really kicked arse - which doesn't quite come across on youtube. October seems too far away!!
senorxav

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications