[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Beautiful days

Beautiful days

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Beautiful days

Postby payback3000 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:15 am

They seem a bit more at home with more room on stage. Still don't think they should be mucking up the words at this stage...plenty of time to learn them :roll:

Anyhow Their Law sounded very good. I love Clint's lyrics. Gra had some alt lyrics when it was played as VE and they were a bit wack. If it goes full vocal Clint's lyrics are the way to go surely.

The band are impressive....no keys though?
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby VMNP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 am

This thing with Their Law is my ONLY complaint. In that video they played it the same as the Prodigy have at every gig they've played since 1994 but with the lyrics PWEI made it their own. I love Clint's lyrics and Graham's so please use one of them and make it your own again, as it should be!
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Mad Bastard » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Yep, Their Law's much better with the full vocals. Personally I think it might be a bit better cutting back on the backing track a little as well, but that's just a minor quibble, it's not like it's shite as it is at the moment!
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 pm

I think I might be on my own here, but I prefer the original version.

Dare I say that I think the average listener (therefore not specifically a pwei 'fan') would feel the same way?
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby nomorefakereunions » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm

There was debate as to whose album - Prodge or PWEI - that "Their law" was going to go on. The Prodge finished and released their mix first using just Ad + Clints contributions. The live version 1996-2005 showed the way PWEI intended it to be with the extra lyrics and parts. Strange then that the band are doing a cover of a song with no one who performed on it in the live band.
nomorefakereunions
preaching to the perverted

Postby VMNP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Graham had a lot to do with PWEI's input to the finished version though i believe.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby kwvp » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 pm

I think Clint's "crackdown, at sundown" has made it into the current live version. :-)
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Much better to play the album version at a festival like Beautiful Days where a large percentage of the crowd will have heard that version before.

And I'm sure that line was in the Prodigy version too, wasn't it?
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby NasalScarecrow » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Exciting!
NasalScarecrow
not now james

Postby kwvp » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

kwvp
radio pwei

PreviousNext