[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

Postby pedro » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:56 pm

I've just had a despatched email from Amazon, roll on Monday!
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby pedro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm

The demo of Def Con One is interesting to hear as is Graham;s Intergalactic Love Mission demo.
pedro
radio pwei

Postby hfos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:42 am

hfos

Postby payback3000 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 am

So you got to keep the test pressing then? Bonus time.

I have to say I didn't hear any triangles on my copy. The odd cowbell but no triangles.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby kwvp » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 am

kwvp
radio pwei

Postby syd hancock » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, my copy arrived from Amazon yesterday.

The remaster seems sharper and clearer than previous pressings - the megaphone shouting on Beaver Patrol is particularly clear this time!

As far as the extra tracks go, well.

Let's ignore Kiss That Girl & Picnic in the sky. It's only fair.

I'd never heard that remix of No Love before. It's brilliant. I love that the hook for Pyschosexual came from there and that it really is a proper remix - in fact, it bears very little resemblance to the original mix. It is the best thing in the World - 'new' Old Poppies? Yes please.

Clint's demo of Def. Con. One is also terrific as others have already mentioned. The Rock Star/Guitars bit is very, well, sweet really.

The Sonic Sounds version of Grebo Guru sounds a bit more neat & tidy than the original did, but that might just have been my pressing.

Rather keen on the whole thing. Grateful that Box Frenzy has finally got the reissue it deserved; thanks to those involved. Hope this level of quality and attention to detail continues throughout.

I know this may be a little late in the day to request it, but is there any chance of any DVD footage on any of the future reissues? You know the kind of thing; PWEI live at Reading, coupla tracks for This Is This.. etc
Got shit for brains, got blinkered vision; steal our lines from television
syd hancock
not now james

Postby hfos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:02 pm

hfos

Postby pedro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Having enjoyed all the new remixes I thought I'd dust off my Wise Up Sucker 10" and use my USB turntable to copy onto iTunes. Having got all the stuff together down from the loft, I find out that I'd already done it. Duh!
pedro
radio pwei

Previous

Return to PWEI Communications