[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

News about pop will eat itself

Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:23 am

Hi all

I love the three demos on this re-issue. Really lo fi and embryonic. It's great to have a window into how some of the tracks we know and love started off. Pick of the bunch is Clint's Def Con One demo. It's is really very cute and messy. It has a lot of energy too.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Re: Box Frenzy CD - Bonus Tracks

Postby jason » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:16 am

Def Con one demo is a winner for me. Had to listen to this first at home as the whole idea of that song as a demo sounded thrilling. Great find. Want to hear more of that kind of stuff. PWEI - if you sing in the shower please release it.
|
jason
Site admin

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 am

'I play guitar...We're real rock stars'

Brill!
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby pedro » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 am

Glad you are enjoying the tracks, I'm stuck in Amazon nightmare limbo...
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby Dr Peter O'Boogie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 am

I have still not received mine from Rough Trade (the original shop that was mentioned for pre-orders) - have just mailed them to tell them to despatch or cancel so i can order elswhere.

I just hope its not a DPulse repeat :x
"See through the news and the views that twist reality"
Dr Peter O'Boogie
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Cherry Red are solid. They are not playing at it like dpulse were . It seems to be the vendors that do not have stock - maybe they are ordering based on orders taken?

Order straight from CR?
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby jason » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Postby jason » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:30 pm

The sleeve notes from Adam are fun. Sounds like Graham is the kind of person you'd hate generally for being able to pick up instruments and learn them in a weekend. There's mention of Graham having the portastudio for a week and writing tonnes of songs with drums, vocals, guitars ....

Supersonic human demo -is that the bit you hear in Grebo Guru "Watch me fly"
|
jason
Site admin

Postby Mad Bastard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Agreed about the sleeve notes, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of Adam's notes in the rest of the re-issues.

The Def.Con.One demo is indeed great, though not sure what Clint was trying to do with his voice there. I really like the Intergalactic Love Mission demo though, it kind of reminds me of Bibio's earlier stuff. Supersonic Human definitely sounds like a demo of Grebo Guru to me.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby jason » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 pm

|
jason
Site admin

Next

Return to PWEI Communications