[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Now For A Feast CR - Bonus Tracks

Now For A Feast CR - Bonus Tracks

News about pop will eat itself

Now For A Feast CR - Bonus Tracks

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:09 am

Hi all,

Anyone else taken delivery yet? Lets discuss the bonus stuff...

I've never heard the Wild & Wandering stuff properly so these demos were of the most interest to me. One of them - Johnny Ray I think - starts off sounding a lot like The Cure too me. It's great to hear the 'Organised noise' samples on Apple Tree. Good to know PWEI recyled there pre PWEI suff later on. That's the spirit chaps!

Still need to crack on and listen again to the others.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Re: Now For A Feast CR - Bonus Tracks

Postby negative8ball » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 am

Someone should take the initiative to post a CLEAN rip of Wild & Wandering...

I'm still trying to track down an affordable 12" myself... just saying, it'd be nice to have a good copy to compare to [smirk].
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:56 am

Oh please - no links to downloads...look what happened to the other forum!

We don't want to lose this one kidz.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Tequila » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm

I love Dust Me Down, reminds me of Clint's current movie work.
Tequila

Postby negative8ball » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 am

negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Stop sulking man or we'll get stern! (See if we don't!)
#
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Mad Bastard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Got my reissues today, only just finished listening to Now For A Feast and though the Wild and Wandering stuff was pretty good but I think the standout for me was the pre-beatbox demo of Inside You, which I like better than the final version. The Picnic In The Sky demo sounds pretty good too.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 am

payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Mad Bastard » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm

On a slightly different note, I reckon they've done a great job with the artwork for these too, particularly the NFAF one, and glad they made the booklet double-sided as I do prefer the original red-and-black cover.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby pedro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

mine came today, I am playing them as I type

I like the pre beat box version of Inside You. I thought it might sound like the Wonder Stuff cover version but it really doesn't.
I also like the new version of Oh Grebo.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Return to PWEI Communications