[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Vileevils... What did I miss?

Vileevils... What did I miss?

News about pop will eat itself

Vileevils... What did I miss?

Postby NasalScarecrow » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm a bit perplexed as to what happened with Vileevils. Don't suppose anyone would fill in the blanks for me?

As far as I knew or could work out, they made some demos (reworkings of stuff from the Sonic Noise Byte), toured in '06 and '08, released Demon / Axe Of Men 2010, and had an album coming out. Does that album exist, or was it just shelved in favour of the PWEI reactivation? Is there anything else I missed? *scratches head*
NasalScarecrow
not now james

Re: Vileevils... What did I miss?

Postby negative8ball » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Quite a bit, actually... 3 (4?) singles - digital only, but singles nonetheless.

A 3CD set put out by dpulse collecting most of the singles... and a 4th "single CD" of some extras and highlights from the first 3 (all rather confusing).

The album "slipped out" through a few digital channels who didn't pull it in time when asked to - so it's floating around - but it was never officially released.

No clear sign of whether this project is the same material, new material, or a combination - time will tell.
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby NasalScarecrow » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Okay, thanks. That clears it up somewhat, and explains the assortment of things I found on Amazon! Not since Papa Sprain (anyone remember them!?) has a band's history confused me so much!
NasalScarecrow
not now james

Postby kwvp » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Yep. From memory the album was a matter of days from being released - tDR had done all the artwork, etc then it got pulled. Then it pretty much came out anyway...
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 am

Don't worry kids...due to a massive f*ck up, one of many from that time, you can actually still buy the VE LP as a download from Play.Com

http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- ... oduct.html

Also it's priobably worth pointing out it's a good job the CD's were not pressed and released as dPlulse admitted the wrong audio files were used. This LP is not the correct finished master - you can tell by the alarming variance in volume and overall sound on the odd track.

Worth buying though.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby negative8ball » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Do you remember when some of us bought it from Play? The version of Wasted was cut off or had drop out. Dean kindly dished out the correct WAV file of the track and said the files sent to Amazon, Play ect were the 'wrong folder' not the actual correct mastered version.

I think Street Rioting sticks out like a sore thumb - really loud.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Don't forget the wash of a DVD that everyone on the boards bought... Although your artwork is still amazing, Payback3000! A few of you might also remember that the CDs were shipped with improper jewel case inserts, keeping the bleed lines on the final printings. Also, the last CD released had a bunch of errors on it.

Dean gave a lot of lip service, but I'm still waiting for my t-shirt;)
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm

And they were CDR's!!! :evil:
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby negative8ball » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:41 am

negative8ball
radio pwei

Return to PWEI Communications