[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - NFAF and Box Frenzy Reissues

NFAF and Box Frenzy Reissues

News about pop will eat itself

Re: NFAF and Box Frenzy Reissues

Postby Dr Peter O'Boogie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:35 pm

I was in hmv in Chelmsford this afternoon and very pleased to see both reissues were stocked.
"See through the news and the views that twist reality"
Dr Peter O'Boogie
radio pwei

Postby andym » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Well I finally got my CDs through this week and have enjoyed them a lot, especially the notes from Adam. OHM, with NFAF I do think that putting the 3 original EPs on there in the right order was the right way to do it, and I appreciate the mention in the thanks section all the same. :)
andym
preaching to the perverted

Postby RolexTharsus » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Mine finally arrived last week and have sat in me CD player since :) Love the home demos of Def Con One & Intergalactic Love Mission.
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby matt » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 am

Loving the Box Frenzy reissue, HOWEVER, is it just me or is the embedded track information wrong? I just tried putting on my phone, and the bonus tracks are all wrong (eg it lists 'Picnic In the Sky' as 'Bubbles').

Am I doing something wrong...?
:?
beaming out a message...
matt
1000 X No

Postby Mad Bastard » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm not sure that the track titles are embedded, they're usually downloaded from Gracenotes or something as far as I know. I don't trust them anyway, often there's typos or whatnot.

Is it me or is the Love Missile F1-11 on the NFAF CD taken from a vinyl source? Wouldn't it have been better to take it from the No Love CD single?
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Still waiting... I trust they will arrive judging by what others are saying, but I'm getting restless.

BTW, pre-ordered the next batch of re-releases. Double-Discs, epic \m/
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 am

Not sure about the F1-11 issue. I'll have to listen closely.

Record Collector have reviews of the first 2 re-issues by Terry Staunton. They get a not unreasonalble 3/5 each. However he does end the review with some serious mis-information. He states that Clint is 'going back to his roots' for a PWEI re-union tour. Oh dear. I've emailed them about this error. I've also asked them to consider an article at some point. Even a one pager would be good.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Previous

Return to PWEI Communications