This Is This- print quality promo and live images- help need

News about pop will eat itself

This Is This- print quality promo and live images- help need

Postby payback3000 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:33 am

Help needed!

This Is This! era images needed!

Photographers - Does anyone have any professional images of the band, either promotional or from gigs that they own the rights to and are willing to contribute print quality files of for a non profit print project?

Fans - Does anyone have there own snaps of the band live or otherwise from this period that they are willing to provide hi res scans of for the same project? I have a handful knocking about.

There are very few that you can 'license' from Getty and the like and, even for non profit, the licenses start at a min of 10,0000 print duplication with very high fees...so impossible to go down this route as this print project, if it comes off, will be very limited numbers...

Also needed - any press packs for the LP or promo images issued by RCA...I have a couple of photos already that are in the promo shots album here...

I'm aware there's stuff on internet but it's either low res / watermarked or to risky to use for the planned project due to who owns the rights...

x
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Re: This Is This- print quality promo and live images- help

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:54 pm

This is probably terrible legal advice, but...

SAMPLE IT
LOOP IT
FUCK IT
EAT IT
AND SPIT IT OUT

But, in all seriousness, I wonder how much of an image can be used... and how much one must change it... before it becomes protected under fair use laws?
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Return to PWEI Communications