[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - September USA PWEI gigs

September USA PWEI gigs

News about pop will eat itself

Re: September USA PWEI gigs

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:46 pm

I might put a dash between the name of the venue and the city... that's usually how we do it.

Mojo 13 - Wilmington, DE
Brighton Bar - Long Branch, NJ
Santos Party House - New York, NY
The Orpheum - Ybor City, FL
The Metro - Chicago, IL (Cold Waves Festival)
The Agora Ballroom - Cleveland, OH

But awesome flyer man! Wish it had been up much earlier.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby MissCP » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 pm

I agree that putting a dash in between the venue and the city will help that flier read clearer.

I hope the local US venues have been getting the word out and that this tour is successful so PWEI will back next year to do a West Coast tour.
MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby jason » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:43 pm

OK, noted. thanks for checking.

I'll ask Paul to edit it but I'll stick a version out now as you're right it's getting late in the day. Please share when you see it or grab it from here if you want.

Jas
|
jason
Site admin

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:53 am

Well, I may not get on here to post until Monday... but the excitement is certainly starting to build. I'm honestly hoping I get to run into Mary and Graham - It's been way too long since I last met Mary and I've never had the pleasure wtih Crabbi.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:07 am

From the show here.
They just finished crushing it!
The crowd here was way into it.
End of an Era really stepped up to the task and gave a fantastic and very tight twist to the sound of the Incredible PWEI!

More later...
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby MissCP » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:16 am

MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby artificialhuman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 am

The Chicago setlist was

Wise Up
Everything's Cool
Dance of the Mad
Watch the Bitch Blow
Nosebleeder Turbo
RSVP
Can U Dig It
Ich Bin Auslander
Get the Girl Kill the Baddies
They Can't Take
Def Con One
Preaching to the Perverted
Their Law

...with a couple not played (Digital Meltdown notably) because of the compressed run time of the festival. I did my best with video/ photos using my phone though i was a couple rows back from the front- the PWEI faithful definitely turned out. Only was able to talk to the bass player of the American touring act unfortunately!

The exclusive remix on the Cold Waves CD is one of War Inside My Stupid Head. The venue was cash only and I didn't have the inclination to go to an ATM after dropping fucking ridiculous cash on Chicago parking throughout the day.
artificialhuman
1000 X No

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:39 am

Thanks A.H. I had just come over to put up the set-list. I'll try to get a couple of my lousy pictures up tomorrow.

Remarkably, I was as impressed with how tight and well adapted End of an Era was with the PWEI set. They seriously managed to take those songs and make them sound unique without losing a single drop of the essence and style of the originals. The EoaE guys looked a little out of place with the Poppies... but that shit didn't matter a bit. I suppose my only possible complaint, besides time restrictions, was that the samples were buried a bit deep in the mix. Eh, live shows...

Perhaps the most notable thing about the evening was what Graham said before they left the stage. "Thank you Chicago! We'll be coming back soon!"

Also, just for making folks super jealous, look what came in fresh off the truck half way through last nights show:

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead, because I want to, and take credit for the existence of the hoodies. In that email exchange with Crabbi, I mentioned how much it would mean to me if they had the hoodies available at Cold Waves... and they seem to have had them printed here in the US and delivered just in the nick of time. The merch guy didn't even know these were coming - they showed up at about 9pm. YES!
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby artificialhuman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 am

Agree that EofE had a totally different stage presence than any PWEI I ever saw, especially all the drumstick twirling and spinning showiness like a KISS concert. A lot of young bands have that artifice about them, which you don't notice as much until you have some old school dudes chest bumping with more of a rap stage presence!

There were several people who stopped me due to my Anti Nasty League shirt and none of them had the album, and I only saw a poster and a shirt for merch. I can only assume that PWEI sold out of what they had by the time they got to Chicago. It's unfortunate because this was the biggest show according to the bassist, and there's not a digital release to make up for not having the physical album.

Hopefully these shows have reinvigorated the band. To read here that the UK shows were low in attendance, the frustrations of putting out stuff without a label, there seemed to be a sense that the dividends weren't paying off, but PWEI have a lot more appeal over here with the harder sound, NIN connection and pop culture references that we would actually get (as opposed to, say, Carter USM where as a fan of over 20 years I barely understand the references).
artificialhuman
1000 X No

Postby payback3000 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 am

it does indeed seem there is more support for live gigs over there than here in the UK. I think you guys may actyally be getting more shows than us in the hear future. I might have to pop over for the west coast tour if it happens...the UK shows I have ben to have been in really small venues but still pretty packed and I know it's a struggle for the band to make it worth while actually playing these sizes. I hope the current line up can somehow make it over to the US because they are amazing and proper poppies to a man - they deserve to showcase what they have helped build.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications