[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - September USA PWEI gigs

September USA PWEI gigs

News about pop will eat itself

Re: September USA PWEI gigs

Postby MissCP » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 pm

MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby K3V » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:42 pm

I had the Anti-Nasty League shirt on and the Yankees cap. Up front jumping around for most of the show :) hoping someone has a pic of us on stage!
K3V

Postby cblosser » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:38 am

[haven't logged into this forum in ages but ...] -- the New York show was the highlight of 2015 for me. I discovered PWEI on an overseas semester in the UK in the 90's and got to see several live shows during the Dos Didos tour; missed them during their all too brief stint with Trent Reznor in the U.S. ... so it was 20 years and counting and a pleasant surprise.

This show featured the reunion of Chicago band Die Warzau as well, I'd say the crowd was split. Lot of turnout for PWEI, down to the guy with the hand-made 'i killed the baddies' / 'i got the girl' t-shirt (that was awesome).

I confess to being initially disappointed reading that the rest of the band couldn't make it to the States just Graham and Mary, but no fears the backing band ("End of an Era") did their homework and really delivered on both the classics as well as the new tunes which held up well live. If anybody else was at the NYC show, I was the old 40+ old guy in a PWEORETRO shirt (from this list, I believe), up front pogo-ing(?) and freaking losing his mind feeling like a teenager again.

One sad note -- I was really looking forward to picking up a t-shirt and such to support the band, but no merchandise at the US-NYC show, at least to my knowledge. Overheard something about how the boxes failed to arrive in time. (Those new hoodies look great).

(Have had Anti-Nasty League on "replay" for the past two weeks ...)

Some live videos (not mine, I was blessed to be front stage):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaSUTL ... YkNOyVpODw

Gotta say I envy those going in October ... brings back memories of England.
cblosser

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks to both of you new posters for signing up to share with us. Very cool. I'm glad both of you got to make it and had a great time.

I was pretty fucking confused that Die Warzau didn't do the Chicago show. They are FROM Chicago... and Jim Marcus was even at the after-party for Cold Waves day 1. C'mon, I would have completely lost my mind getting to see DW and PWEI at the same event. I saw DW play in '89 for Disco Rigido and again in '95 or '96 for the album Engine. That Engine show was one of the best performances I've ever seen from any band, ever. Would have loved to get even 1/3 of that level of awesomness again.

Heck, if Van Christie couldn't make it to Chicago, Jim could have made it a GoFight! (his current band, still great) performance.

Oh well.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby K3V » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:42 pm

I found a couple vids from Cleveland.

Preaching to the Perverted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgY3dBMDVY

There is no Love Between us Anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PlJajrsbI

Man those End of an Era guys played well but their style was just not right for PWEI. Still a great show though.
K3V

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:13 pm

The Cold Waves sample CD has an exclusive mix of War Inside My Stupid Head on it and is now available for sale on the Cold Waves website for $10

Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby TheFinkie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:37 pm

I wish you heaven / I wish you hell
TheFinkie
preaching to the perverted

Postby payback3000 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:41 am

Nice one - been looking arond for one for sale - didn't think it would be available standalone. ordered!
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby RolexTharsus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:21 am

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby payback3000 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:07 am

payback3000
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext