[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - September USA PWEI gigs

September USA PWEI gigs

News about pop will eat itself

Re: September USA PWEI gigs

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Might I add, by the way, that my favorite track on Saturday was 'Rough Justice." I love tLotL and didn't think we'd get a song off of it... and then they not only picked a great one but really gave it the special treatment.

And "Their Law"... holy smokes. I've heard several different recordings of it but they really, really sunk their teeth into it this time and stretched it out to let it last (probably since they knew they wouldn't get an encore).

As awesome as they were, and as much as I hope they do come back real soon... I think the crowd for Chicago and Florida would have been much, much smaller if not for all the other bands in Chicago and Severed Heads in Florida. I don't know of anyone personally over here that I would consider a Poppies fan - not since the mid 90's. And them walking away from the NIN tour after 5 or so shows of a 30 show tour really didn't help with the much needed exposure they were going to get.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how the things that musicians have gained by avoiding record companies these days also comes with a lot of things they, and more to the point 'we', have lost. It sure was nice to have a whole team of professionals working to do a release, distribution, promotion/advertising, booking, merchandise... etc. It was such a shame that the whole industry became so steeped in corruption and ripping off artists, treating them like slave labor. Also, I think there was something to be said for having a label who could keep pressure on young musicians to be productive - having a more steady flow of releases was nice... and I believe that limitations (like being short on time) are the mother of creativity. I don't think musicians should have to go back to the nonsense that went along with it, I'm just saying there were certainly a lot of perks for the fans.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby artificialhuman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 pm

I hope the West Coast spring tour is something like, PHOENIX, LA, San Fran, Portland, Seattle, maybe Vegas in-between LA and Phoenix. They would have no problem filling a club in any of those places.

Looking over the footage I shot on my phone, I'll try to get a music video together for They Can't Take.
artificialhuman
1000 X No

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Here is a terrible sounding video someone shot during the show on Saturday.

there are a few from the New York show up on YouTube also.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby MissCP » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:48 am

MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby payback3000 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:28 am

If it was financially feasible I would look into coming over.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Mad Bastard » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Have I missed some confirmation of another US tour? This "west coast tour"?
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Various pictures.

I still can't figure out how to take a good picture with a smart-phone, so bear with me.
I'm also disappointed I couldn't catch one of Mary and Crabbi's 'flying chest bumps'.

Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby K3V » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:21 pm

I've been a fan of PWEI since the 90s but never had the privilege of seeing them live--that was, until Sunday! Cleveland was the closest show to me so I made the 6+ hour round trip from Buffalo and had a blast. Seeing the Poppies live was 20+ year goal achieved. Jumping up on stage like a madman with a bunch of other fans during Their Law at the end was just the icing on the cake. :D

I took some photos and a few quick videos with my phone during the show, I threw them up on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/k3v2/albu ... 9194438436

I'm hoping someone has some good video from the show. I would've taken more but my phone was going to die. If you have video from Cleveland, please share!

I'd also LOVE a flyer/poster from the show if anyone has one. I asked one of the staff at the Agora on my way out but he said they didn't have any :(

Wise up, suckers!

-Kevin
K3V

Postby MissCP » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:14 pm

MissCP
Beaver Patrol

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications