A Lick Of The Old Cassette Box vinyl - on ebay

News about pop will eat itself

A Lick Of The Old Cassette Box vinyl - on ebay

Postby jobbinsa » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:38 pm

FYI to anyone after this, there's a copy of the orange vinyl LP for sale on ebay at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pop-Will-Eat- ... 35ed7faa2b
jobbinsa
XY & Zee

Re: A Lick Of The Old Cassette Box vinyl - on ebay

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks. I'm still bugging Cherry Red, once a month or so, to make all of their PWEI catalog available as a bundle with a discount for buying all of the releases. They simply want too much money for each release, making buying them all impossibly expensive. If I could get a discount of even 15% for buying all of them... it would make it feel a lot less like a reach-a-round.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 pm

All of the CR re=issues are Amazing, some great rarities on there and the 96 album is a highlight. :)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 am

that didnt go for too bad a price - £39 - I think it's fetched upto £59 before.

I got a copy of DDMA pretty cheap to replace my worn out LP...it has a weird bardcode sticker on the back with the release date...anyone else got a copy with this sticker on?
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby a'damn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:38 am

Apologies for bumping such an old thread.

I snagged the Old Cassette Box vinyl when it was released and was super stoked on it.
At the time I was in the midst of a multi-year un / under-employment streak and was barely able to scrape together the funds for that. But a collector must collect (especially vinyl).

I have since found a regular job and am doing okay, so it was time to invest in the rest of the reissues.
I was able to find all of them other than The Cure for Sanity, which is gutting me greatly.

If anyone knows of somewhere (other than used on eBay) to snag a copy, please let me know!
My PWEI and Jesus Jones collections are very strong collections and it would be nice to complete the reissues of the RCA years =)

As for ALotOCB, I listened to it again this week in my car and it's a great demo.
It would have been lovely to have heard it fleshed out and finished.
I sometimes find it funny that one of the reason PWEI ended was because Graham wanted to leave and focus on his other music and now he's the only one claiming the PWEI name.

Humans are curious creatures.
a'damn
not now james

Postby payback3000 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 am

I will keep my eyes peeled for you. As far as I recall Crabbi did not want to leave the band just to stop touring. He offered to keep writing for them but they rejected his offer .
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Return to PWEI Communications