Leamington Spa, 30th May 2015

News about pop will eat itself

Leamington Spa, 30th May 2015

Postby kwvp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:52 pm

I decided to get tickets to Leamington Spa fairly late, after seeing the Gigantic gig in Manchester.

Glad I did. The sound was great, they were really on form, and we saw Mary afterwards who was really grateful to people for having made the journey to several of the dates.

The weird thing though was that it was really low on audience numbers. We had loads of room to dance around, but by 'loads' I mean it was more like an indie disco than a gig. I thought it odd, thinking it was relatively close to Brum/Wolves, but now realise Wolverhampton is 50 miles away and maybe distance combined with poor promotion are the reason? It also struck me that the Reformation gigs were over 10 years ago now - we're not getting any younger and maybe people's gig-going habits are changing.

All of which is a shame, because the sound was brilliant - could hear Tim and Davey in particular really clearly, and the whole band were completely on form. And fair play to them, they really went for it, which it would have been easy not to do. The new stuff sounds great. I wonder if a few support slots and festival appearances might help spread the word and get more new people tuned in. They really deserve it with Anti-Nasty League.

Thanks PWEI for a great 5 nights. :D
kwvp
radio pwei

Return to PWEI Communications