[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - First live PWEI show.

First live PWEI show.

News about pop will eat itself

First live PWEI show.

Postby SteveJames-Igor » Fri May 29, 2015 2:54 pm

I attended my first show last Sunday at the Newcastle Riverside.
I have a few albums on my ipod { no new stuff....yet! }
It's always a bit of a guessing game how you think a band that uses a lot of samples etc will come across live.
I can't really judge by the Youtube video's as my computers speakers are in a nutshell, abysmal.

Man they were good, really really good.
They were so much heavier than I expected, this is a massive positive for me.
And I love the big bass sound.
He can get quite a bit of volume just from that one stack.
On the whole I thought the sound very clear but still quite loud through my foam plugs.

It made my day when Mary Byker asked "Is there anyone here from Byker?"
I'm from Byker so, both arms shot straight up :)

The band seemed to enjoy it themselves which is a huge plus as a band just going through the motions
will not fool an audience as the effort put in *always* comes across in the playing.
Watching Jason behind the drum kit was a real pleasure, he never stops smiling.
Graham & Mary are great front men and they had the crowd in the palm of their hands.
Tim & Davey adding the heavy stuff sounded great to me.
I wear foam ear plugs these days and it filters out a lot of the noise, so the guitar can seem a lot clearer.

Despite not knowing all the words, I was singing in anycase, what band's lyrics I have no idea.
A good mix of the old classics and the new stuff and, I loved the new stuff.
I hope I get the chance to buy the new cd.

I've probably never enjoyed a live show so much in all my 34 years of concert going.
I enjoyed the show so much I fully intend to travel to their shows on any future tours.

An unexpected treat was a good chat with them after the show.

One thing I will have to learn for my next set of live shows is the art of bouncing.
At my Metal & Punk gigs I just usually bang my head.
But just banging your head, didn't seem enough at this show.
It was no joke two days later when my calves felt the full force of the PWEI bouncing experience.
The fact I was wearing steel capped boots that weigh about 35lb each might also of had something to do with it.

All in all an amazing musical experience and I will be traveling to a few shows on their next tour.
Not with those deep sea divers boots though!
Last edited by SteveJames-Igor on Sun May 31, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveJames-Igor
not now james

Re: First live PWEI show.

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 pm

"Pogoing" will take its toll on anybody's legs, even without the heavy boots. :P

Glad you had such a good time. I'm still doubtful I'll ever get to see a real poppies gig live. :(
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby SteveJames-Igor » Fri May 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks very much and I hope you get the chance to see them in the future.
It wasn't the old fashioned punk pogo, just straight up bouncing.
And yes, you're right but it must be easier in trainers :)
I had been to the match a few hours previous and didn't have time to change the boots.
SteveJames-Igor
not now james

Postby SteveJames-Igor » Fri May 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Will you be going to the Chicago festival that they're playing?
SteveJames-Igor
not now james

Postby payback3000 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:01 am

payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby SteveJames-Igor » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:40 pm

lol :) yeah, I'll need to prepare & train for the next shows.
It was worth the discomfort though.
SteveJames-Igor
not now james

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby a'damn » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:15 am

To be fair though, the backing band you've never heard of isn't too much newer of a backing band for PWEI than the one they are leaving behind overseas.
Not trying to diss on the new line up or anything, just giving perspective to your expenses, the trip, and the show.

I wonder if the promoters tried to just get Graham to fly out and then hire Clint to come up since he is semi-local...

lololol
a'damn
not now james

Postby VMNP » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm sure they'll be awesome mate, Graham isn't going to hire just any old Tom, Dick and Harry. 8-)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Return to PWEI Communications