[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Merchandise for Anti-Nasty League

Merchandise for Anti-Nasty League

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Merchandise for Anti-Nasty League

Postby dave_van_damn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:02 am

Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby jason » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi
I thought the gigs had sold well but maybe not? As ever I think it's all about promoting and raising the profile. I'm not sure how a band appeals to fans now but I suspect it's about touring, supporting and festivals??? Good social media? Also let's be honest we're all a bit old now and pwei needs to appeal to people who go out more! I used to go to most PWEI gigs on a tour but I've only managed to get to one this time -kids/work/exams/cash. My daughter's grudgingly admit to liking Grebo Guru and Can U dig it. You've seen my daughter doing can u dig it on youtube?

Graham wanted to run the shop instead of using other services; he does set up most of the stuff in the shop and some of it is based on receiving orders to cover costs. It's a shame as I wanted the hoodie too but I guess it would cost too much to produce 15 or so. I'm just glad he's happy to do all that Admin!

Pweination - We're big (or small) enough to think about setting up campaigns/social media stuff. So any ideas are received with thanks. If you feel you want to taje a lead on something I'm happy to try and support it too, if I can.

Should I start a thread for ideas and volunteers? In my head I'm thinking of games + pwei music. Nice unusual poster campaigns -see what Lee Hawkins does. Maybe a minecraft based video for the next song. We should all be using twitter (sorry) and facebook for retweets. If you do post stuff please use the hashtag #PWEI. At certain points we should use twitter together at the same time to promote something. Getting things trending is another way to get noticed (it does work).

I was tweeting for a student project showcase (work twitter) the other day and managed to get 2 offers for freelance work and various follows/retweets from people of similar interests. That was me and one or two lecturers. It does work.

What else should we be doing? New thread? Pweination needs to be updated a bit. Poppiestar is working on new ways to present data. Keep promoting PWEI to blogs etc. I did create a 'secret' site for reviewers; this allowed them to login and stream the tracks without downloading etc. If you know of reviewers then let Graham know via pwei@popwilleatitself.net and he'll send them the details

I keep thinking we need to trouble Radio 1/2/6 more often. I'd love to get PWEI on the 10 minute take over that happens between 5pm and 6pm on weekdays -does it still happen?

Jas
|
jason
Site admin

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Here's one silly thing I've done that both promotes questions and interest... and satisfies my urge for some new PWEI merch.

I made it myself, no bootlegging goin' on here.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby jason » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm

p.s. if you're a regular on other forums please do post news about PWEI there too.

Jas
|
jason
Site admin

Postby kwvp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:41 pm

kwvp
radio pwei

Postby Mad Bastard » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby mikenasty » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:19 pm

mikenasty
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:20 pm

The Leicester gig sold out, it was rammed!

That was due to good promotion though. 8-)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby pedro » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:24 pm

I don't buy NME or any other music magazines anymore (is Sounds still going?) Were there any adverts?
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications