[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Anti Nasty League

Anti Nasty League

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Anti Nasty League

Postby payback3000 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 am

got my stuff as well and it's amazing. I think a few logistical lessons will have been learned from this. However it is really difficult to get stuff of this quality at low volumes (these realease are in the low hundreds) a) make any money b) get suppliers to prioritise your jobs. Also from what I've heard there were serious software issues with the distribtion software and ordering system that even product support could not fathom.

I would hope this would not put off the band from repeating this release model for future albums and I would assume the lessons learned will make it a lot smoother next time. There is also the issue of instant gratification and entitlement that ails modern society. We seem to want everything now with no care or understanding as to the logistics of putting stuff together.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby kwvp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 am

Got mine yesterday. Looks amazing! :)

Cracked out the first half of the instrumental album this morning before heading to work - sounds like there might be some changes in production from the downloads - e.g. the intro to Digital Meltdown.

Looking forward to giving the full lot a decent listen.

Managed to resist the temptation to wear one of the new shirts to work this morning...
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby rjrteb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:30 am

Got mine today too. Everything looks great - very nice artwork & inserts etc., particularly on the vinyl, & nice job on the JSC artwork too payback ;)

Re. the orders - I think the main issue people had is the uncertainty of when things were going to be ready & different items being ready at different times as well as the order merging. Of course it's not easy to program things particularly when you need the income from the pre-orders to get the stuff manufactured. To be fair, this was also much easier than the Pledge Music orders. I was also expecting the CD's to be ready much quicker than the vinyl (based on ordering stuff from other bands).
rjrteb
1000 X No

Postby pedro » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I got my stuff this week. It's really good to receive such high quality stuff. I love all the extras inc. stickers, posters and patches. The large shirt was very large and I've had great customer support in swapping for a medium.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby jobbinsa » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Received my package today - very pleased. Vinyl, triple CD, double Crabbi, 2 t-shirts,. It's like Christmas.

Excellent stuff as other posters have said, and very impressive quality given the low volumes and self produced nature of the release.

I really hope they carry on, as it is a far better body of work than the last album.

Anyway, need to listen to some of those instrumentals now...
jobbinsa
XY & Zee

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Picked mine up from the postie's this morning, as everyone else is saying really impressive packages esp the JSC stickers. Giving the vinyl its first spin as I write, sounds gorgeous. Still my favourite album of the year

Fair play to Crabbi for keeping on with this, seems like a huge undertaking but we got there in the end!

Noticed on the credits that The Buzzard's involved in a few tunes. Nice.
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby dave_van_damn » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:49 am

Got my CD boxset the other day - absolutely love it. The art work is amazing and the whole package is great.

Definitely hearing a few differences between the Cd version and the mp3s! :D
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby matt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Think I might order mine soon, now you 'orrible lot have started receiving yours... ;)
beaming out a message...
matt
1000 X No

Postby artificialhuman » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:53 am

Finally got the stuff today in Arizona. Proceeded to spend the rest of the day remixing/ mashing up tunes.
artificialhuman
1000 X No

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:08 pm

^Finally a US person has it. Means I will probably get mine on Wed/Thurs. Probably.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications