[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Anti Nasty League

Anti Nasty League

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Anti Nasty League

Postby RolexTharsus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:06 am

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby charley » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Never did get my CD, emailed them twice and got nothing. :-(
charley
Beaver Patrol

Postby payback3000 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am

but did you get a dispatch note? it is possible it actually got lost by the wonderful RM.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:14 pm

I have a curiousity... or ponderance, as it were.

I wonder if the boys aren't trying to change the name to "Anti Nasty League", instead of Pop Will Eat Itself.

Fueling my thoughts are the fact that all of the shirts and other merch only say, "Anti Nasty League". The backdrop for their live shows only says "Anti Nasty League". The whole new album cover only says PWEI on the spine, but nowhere else. The limited poster says, "Pop Will Eat Itself IS The Anti Nasty League."

Nah. I'm just reading too much into it.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby charley » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:23 pm

charley
Beaver Patrol

Postby Phil » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Phil
radio pwei

Postby kwvp » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:39 pm

kwvp
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Funny, someone else PM'd me the interview with Ian Anderson a couple of days ago. So, yeah, that question answered.

Still, myself, I think it would be better for the shirts and some of the other public stuff to make Pop Will Eat Itself and/or PWEI the prominent focus. When I wear my t-shirt or hoodie out in public, I do get a few people who ask, "What is Anti Nasty League?" While that's neat that I'm explaining it to them... I bet there are five more people who saw it and wondered as well, but didn't want to ask a stranger about his shirt. What if even one of those five people used to be a PWEI fan and never thought to see if they were back together?

To make this all a bit more self-defeating (in my opinion) is the font. That typeface is pretty darn hard to read - cool as fuck, but nobody is reading it successfully the first time or at a glance. So, even some people who might have been willing to look up Anti Nasty League won't have any idea what to look for. The same was equally true on New Noise...

Part of the reason I love to wear band apparel is to advertise the artist to the world. This new logo and image looks spectacular, I just hate that it has to be sort of an insiders only sort of thing.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:35 am

That is the exact reason why I don't like them and wouldn't wear them, it's not a band tee without the band's name on it in my opinion.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby payback3000 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:39 pm

payback3000
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications