[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Anti Nasty League

Anti Nasty League

News about pop will eat itself

Re: Anti Nasty League

Postby negative8ball » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:16 pm

You can hear samples...

21st Century English Civil War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMgF6-m_xb8

You Can't Take... (Live)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38xEK9Ph4z8

Director's Cut / Mental Pollution (Live)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLyPxH3IJU

That's a sampling.

The price may seem high, but for an independent release, to support an artist I've admired for years, whose output - though varied is never bad - I just (personally) felt this was an easy leap to make and a perfectly fair investment... it's more expensive than a mainstream, major label CD - but it's not much different than any other purchase from an indie label or band.

My 2c anyways.
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:26 pm

There was also this preview on the Soundclouds

Gives you about a minute of each track & pretty representative of the overall sound of the album.

Get the same going the other way over the Atlantic on costs - bought a load of stuff from Rhymesayers a couple of years back, shipping on £40 worth of CDs was about £15, but then got hit by customs duty so another £18 on top of that.
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Ugh. I'll never complain about shipping from the UK to US again. That's ridiculous.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 pm

these are pressing in the hundreds too - not mass made....

However there was talk of licensing the album out for a proper US release at some point....
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby rivum » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

I remember reading that there would be no 'virtual' release (i.e. MP3, FLAC, etc.) but I don't recall that there was a reason given.
anyone know why that is? in light of the shipping costs, currency conversion, etc it seems that might be a good way to get this music into the hands of those of us in North America.
rivum

Postby artificialhuman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 am

artificialhuman
1000 X No

Postby sadchild » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks all for the feedback. I've bought over 1000 CDs. For most single CDs (many of them indie), I've paid $2 - $12. I'd estimate I've paid more than $12 for about 100 of them.

The highest I've ever paid for a CD was the 1996 Japanese reissue of Sigue Sigue Sputnik's Dress For Excess because of the bonus tracks, and the CD I previously had was a beat-up used one. I paid a whopping $30 for that because I already knew I loved the whole album, it was an import from the other side of the planet, and I hadn't yet scored the amazing B-side "Frankenstein Cha Cha Cha" on CD (I only had it on vinyl).

For a person who has bought over 1000 CDs to pay $30 for a CD I only know 4 songs from is ludicrous. Sadly, I'll just have to listen to the 4 songs I know on YouTube until then.

Also, I too am in an indie band. We've spent over $6,000 on recording and CD replication costs and have only recouped $2,000 of it, so I feel Graham's pain. I want to support him. But come on, I have limits.
In this game you don't need muscle
All you gotta do is hustle
sadchild
XY & Zee

Postby payback3000 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:41 am

payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby sadchild » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:24 pm

So I found the single CD release of Nasty is being sold in Australia for $17.28 (US) and thought hmm... maybe, let's see what the shipping cost would be.

The shipping is $5.43, so we're up to $22.71. That's real high for a single CD, but clicked on 'proceed to checkout' just to see what forms of payment they take, and see if I would just bite the bullet.

The CD price jumped up to $19, bringing the total to $24.44. WTF??

Get it together Red Eye Records!
Attachments
nasty.jpg
nasty.jpg (110.4 KiB) Viewed 7870 times
In this game you don't need muscle
All you gotta do is hustle
sadchild
XY & Zee

Postby payback3000 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:26 pm

is this a licensed OZ pressing?
payback3000