[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - London Gig Meet Up

London Gig Meet Up

News about pop will eat itself

Re: London Gig Meet Up

Postby artificialhuman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Grand meeting whoever I met tonight! I can't match everyone's real names and superhero forum names so lemme just say you're all great.
artificialhuman
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:14 am

That was fooking AWESOME! Great gig and great to catch up with everyone and meet some new people too, loved yesterday. Coach driver fucked about and i didn't get home 'till 3:30 and then my daughter insisted on getting up at 5:30 but all well worth it. :D
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Ohm » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:00 am

Thought the gig was great, really impressed. Glad to see Mary playing a full part, almost the 'lead' singer really. Lots of pogoing and energy too. I think once they get the new material out of their system and replace a few of the weaker tracks with some Graham classics, maybe dance of the mad, kick to kill, 88 seconds etc they're just going to get better. Already looking forward to next time. Only suggestion would be that 'can u dig it?' would keep a lot of Punters happy, judging by the half dozen people I heard shout for it.
Ohm
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:17 am

A bigger venue would be nice too, so many people squashed into there it was crazy.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Mad Bastard » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 am

Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby jason » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:26 am

I have to apologise to Onket, payback and KVWP not not buying any drinks. I stupidly didn't eat anything all day so wasn't feeling great by about 8pm. Spent most of the gig at the back wondering if I'd throw up. I'm not a big drinker.

Still great. I managed to say hello to Graham and Adam at the pub opposite and it was nice to meet them. I tried to get Adam to send me a copy of the wise up sucker samples. One mystery (for me) has now been solved. The noise at the start of Wise Up Sucker! was Clint's alarm clock. I now have this image of a teenage Clint in bed with socks and pants on, moaning as his alarm clock goes off before school. There's nothing remotely sexual there btw.

Jas
|
jason
Site admin

Postby kjwylie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:23 pm

kjwylie
radio pwei

Postby Coz » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Coz
preaching to the perverted

Postby Mad Bastard » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 pm

I noticed Adam up on the balcony bit during the gig but nope, no guest appearance from him. The set list was the same as the previous couple of gigs.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby poppiestar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Apologies for not making it to the pre-gig drinks, we turned up a bit late and couldn't find where everyone was!

Definitely the best of the three gigs I saw, awesome atmosphere and the band were on fire. Loved it to bits.

Totally agree with Ohm though, would be nice to see some of the weaker new songs replaced with some classics. I'd also really love to see Gra (and maybe even Mary?) whip out a guitar for No Love, it sounds a bit anemic with just the one. And if I'm totally anal, I'd love it if Davey would play the verse bass line to Auslander properly!

Other than that, next tour please!
Born to live and love, not to push and shove. Here to give hope and rise above all the bullshit and all the crap.
poppiestar
1000 X No

PreviousNext

Return to PWEI Communications