[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Greetings...

Greetings...

Greetings...

Postby Clint » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Hello Nationers!
I hope everyone is well.I often stop by to see what's going on and am very touched that you all still enjoy what we did and what the new PWEI are doing.
I registered last week because there was a bit of argy-bargy about the new PWEI and how it's not the proper PWEI because there's only one original member involved.
Just thought I'd give my two cents,for what it's worth.
If anyone has the right to carry the name Pop Will Eat Itself,it's Graham.He wrote most of the music over the years,he came up with the name and,while we were quite a commune collective,without Graham's songwriting prowess and drive then we probably would never have got off the ground in the first place.
Graham asked all of us if we wanted to put the band back together again but,for varying reasons,Rich,Adam,Fuzz and myself declined.He asked if we minded if he put together a new incarnation and we all gave our blessing,without reservation.
We've all been friends for many years and remain so to this day and I know I can speak for all of us when I say that Graham and the boys have our full support and best wishes in continuing the PWEI legacy.
I saw the Birmingham Xmas show in 2012 and had one of the best PWEI related nights of my life-and,as I'm sure you'll agree,there's been many of them!I was there with Ad,Rich,Fuzz and CJ and we had a blast!I didn't feel weird about it at all and love the idea of them carrying it on.
My life has taken a radically different path than I ever envisioned but my time in PWEI was the best experience I could have imagined.Adam & I wanted to be in a band when we were at school and meeting Gra and Rich,later with Fuzz we did it,making music we loved,drinking our way around the world and generally laughing our way through our youth.
Adam,Rich,Gra,Fuzz and CJ along with Oscar,Alex,Sal,Milky,Dave Beer,Flood,Alan Moulder,Ian Anderson,Roger Grierson,Howard Freeman (and others I've probably forgotten)all gave me some of the best memories and friendships I'll ever have.
I hope it brings the same,and more,for the new PWEI.

As for me,I'm bringing my live band to the UK in October.We're playing London,Manchester,Glasgow and Dublin.I'm disappointed not to be playing in the Midlands but it doesn't seem feasible this time around but it's something I will address at the earliest opportunity.
I hope some of you might check it out.Its a different experience to my days in PWEI but I really enjoy it and the shows we've done in the US over the past few years have been an incredible experience.
The band-Vanessa,Sloan,Caroline,Rob,Carly,Brian,Mike & Chris Vrenna,are great musicians and top people too.Chris and Caroline may not be part of this tour due to other commitments but they,along with Kevin Haskins of Bauhaus,will always be part of our family.
Noah is out soon and the score will be released by Nonesuch on CD/Digital on March 25,vinyl to follow.I'm also hoping to release the full score to Pi this year too but don't hold your breath-I've been saying this for years!Its a tad complicated but it will happen eventually.
I'm currently writing the score for The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightly.Its a cracking film about Alan Turing,who we all owe more to than could ever be repaid.
I know some of you have noticed the work I've done with the likes of Biffy Clyro,Editors,The Fauns,Gazelle Twin and Zola Jesus.Its great to collaborate with others when the chance arises and time allows.I look forward to more...one that I hope comes to fruition is the Membranes.We go way back with John Robb and he's asked me to be involved in their new album.The demos are really good and I really hope I can do it.
That's about it for now.I'll stop by from time to time so if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.
Thanks for your continued support-it was due to you that the Reformation shows happened,and we all loved them.Cheers!
UTW!
Clint

Re: Greetings...

Postby The_LHC » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Omg, I just screamed like a 12 year-old One Direction fan!
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby Dr Peter O'Boogie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Welcome to the nation sir, nice to have you on board! Saw you on the box last night, the beard suits you.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
"See through the news and the views that twist reality"
Dr Peter O'Boogie
radio pwei

Postby jason » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Hello
Welcome to pweination!

Jas
|
jason
Site admin

Postby RolexTharsus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Clint's involved! :D
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 am

My 33rd birthday was February 21st, the day this thread started; thanks for the best b-day present ever, Clint!:)
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby Phil » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:27 am

Hi Clint! <waving>
Phil
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 am

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby osr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:31 am

glad thats sorted out. great post.
osr
preaching to the perverted

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 am

I think I know the thread that started this although I stopped paying attention before it was deleted, and I don't want it rehashed. It's cool that the higher ups are still here to keep us PWEInation'ers in line:)
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Next

Return to Clint News