Recreating the Sonic Noise Byte

stuff about pwei

Recreating the Sonic Noise Byte

Postby poppiestar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:50 am

So who else has put together a playlist for the SNB now we have all the tracks?

Which versions of which tracks did you use? It's a tough choice for some of them, I really love the PWEI Demon... but the VE Demon seems closer to the SNB version. And I still prefer the VE version of Wasted.

What order did you put them in? It'd seem strange to put I'm Gonna Get You Baby in the middle, it seems such an album ender to me, but then again so does Wasted Pt. 2...

Would you add/remove/replace any tracks for the final album? I'd really love to have heard the fast version of Captain Plastic, I'm not sure I'd keep it in favour of Seek and Destroy or even Chaos and Mayhem though.

So here's the tracklisting from the SNB and the different versions available for each track - what does your version look like?

Captain Plastic (PWEI)
Retro Dreaming (VE)
The Demon (PWEI or VE)
Every Day is a World War (PWEI or VE)
Hollow (PWEI)
T+A=$ (PWEI)
I'm Gonna Get You Baby (PWEI)
Punk Rock Band (VE)
Nosebleeder Turbo TV (PWEI or VE)
Wasted (PWEI or VE)
Born to live and love, not to push and shove. Here to give hope and rise above all the bullshit and all the crap.
poppiestar
1000 X No

Re: Recreating the Sonic Noise Byte

Postby VMNP » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Awesome, i was going to start a thread like this myself but hadn't got round to it.

Anyway mine stays faithful to the noisebyte in terms of track list and running order and i tried to use the versions closest to what was on there.

It goes like this:

Captain Plastic (NNDBASI)
Retro Dreaming (EDD)
Demon (EDD)
Every Day is a World War (EDD)
Hollow (WTBB)
T+A=$ (ALOTOCB)
I'm Gonna Get You Baby (ALOTOCB)
Punk Rock Band (DL)
Nosebleeder Turbo TV (VLVE)
Wasted (EDD)

I would VERY much still love to hear the full SNB versions of Captain Plastic, Demon, Every Day is a World War and Nosebleeder Turbo though but i guess there's Bob Hope of that!
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Return to All about the poppies