[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Soundbite!

Soundbite!

stuff about pwei

Soundbite!

Postby 80's Virus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Does anyone know where that piece of dialog comes from on ‘The Incredible P.W.E.I. vs The Moral Majority’? or who’s voice that is?
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
80's Virus
1000 X No

Re: Soundbite!

Postby payback3000 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Many have tried and failed to source this...I guess only Crabbi know and he either can't remember or doesn't want to tell anyone!

I assume it's from a vinyl record he picked up as a lot of his wierd samples were. There are tons and tons of evangalist records out there. I've tried on digging forums for years and no one has ever come across it or heped out. it must have been a fairly common find back in the day as James used snippets of the same speech on the Gold Mother LP.

I'm after this again for a project and I did PM Adam about it but no response!
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby 80's Virus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 pm

I’ve heard that guys voice used on a few other tracks, it’s quite an inspiring speech I need to find out if there is more to the dialog.
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
80's Virus
1000 X No

Postby 80's Virus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:09 pm

80's Virus
1000 X No

Postby poppiestar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Raymond Watts used the same sample in his PIG track 'Satanic Panic' - though I'm almost certain he sampled it from our Poppies.

Born to live and love, not to push and shove. Here to give hope and rise above all the bullshit and all the crap.
poppiestar
1000 X No

Postby urban_futuristic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:06 pm

I always thought it was Jimmy Swaggart if that helps at all... & from doing a bit of Google digging, it seems I am not alone in my thoughts.
Quite a few references to Jimmy & that speech if you look for it.
point blank, zero return...
urban_futuristic
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:47 am

That's a dead end...years of people searching for it as a Jimmy Swaggart speech...all come up blank...It's not him.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby jason » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm

I've also heard it's Jerry Falwell (Spelling ??) too. I see the bloke from James (Stellar Street) every now and then I'll ask him if I see him.

Apparently there's a jokey PWEI Brummie version which was played out at an Xmas gig once (in Worthing???) but I have no more info.

Alive and Kicking
|
jason
Site admin

Postby payback3000 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Simply Minds are coming to Hull Jas!
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby jason » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

|