[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - '96, The Grahamless Gigs

'96, The Grahamless Gigs

stuff about pwei

Re: '96, The Grahamless Gigs

Postby urban_futuristic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 am

I was at the Hammersmith gig in early 96 (the one that has been floating around as a bootleg for many years!) & remember it feeling less "fun", but was still the Poppies & was still great.
There was a "meet & greet" after the gig (not sure how I got into that, but anyway...) & I briefly spoke with Clint who seemed somewhat disinterested in anything but beer - I even have a photo of Clint, CJ & myself & Clint is reaching for another beer mid-photo! Hahaha!

Was good to see Buzzard on stage with the band too, but yeah... definitely noticed the lack of energy & fun that Graham usually brought to the stage.
point blank, zero return...
urban_futuristic
radio pwei

Postby bronxzoo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 pm

i was at the hammy gig, i think it was the worst i had ever seen the poppies, bad sound, bad songs, bad everything, i also went to the allycat gig, it was a bit better but still not good, they were far to serious, not like the poppies i loved, and seen on every tour they did in the uk, the resent gigs were far more like the old poppies than the last year with the gra less pwei, and again, i will be going to see them on every tour they now do now the fun is back
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

Was I the only person who enjoyed them in 1996, then?! :lol:
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby bronxzoo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:06 pm

"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Eh?
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby VMNP » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Previous

Return to All about the poppies