[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Help for a US fan trying to get the goods...

Help for a US fan trying to get the goods...

stuff about pwei

Re: Help for a US fan trying to get the goods...

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:50 am

Just be glad you didn't drop $100+ on these things a year ago. Again, nothing against the band but the lable really sunk them. Fuck dPulse in their peePulse, (whatever that means, I am slightly drunk)
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby tengoku » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:39 pm

tengoku
XY & Zee

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Cash in where they can, I suppose. The meta tags are pretty telling, they are clearly trying to throttle search inquiries for the Pop Will Eat Itself in an effort to make a buck. I would buy, but I am pretty sure that dPuke has blacklisted me:)
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby kwvp » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:50 pm

I wouldn't touch that VLVE CD(R?) with a bargepole. Which is probably a good thing as I doubt it would arrive anyway. At least you can download the artwork so you can print your own when they fuck it up..
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:03 am

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby RolexTharsus » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 am

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Mad Bastard » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:04 pm

From what I know from my experience in the biz, it may not really have Graham and Adam's "approval", but I'd bet it's perfectly legal and that the details of this release were worked out between them all in advance. Crabbi lost money, dPulse lost money, they all wasted a whole bunch of time (both theirs and ours) and that everyone will probably profit a little bit based on prior legal arrangements and signed pieces of paper that would have covered an original VE release. Again, just guessing, but I'd have to assume that this entire arrangement had to have been worked out at the time the decision was made to kill the VE project so it could be renamed PWEI.

Ultimately, releasing as PWEI is the best decision from a marketing stance. Nobody knew who Vile Evils were (except the die-hard fans who managed to keep up on PWEI news for 17 years since the last album... so they will never ever know that VE is related to PWEI and will never buy the album.

I may not totally like the idea of buying the "unofficial" (which isn't even the right word for it) version of this material, I'm going to get it, if for nothing more than to add it to my collection.

I can't imagine any problems with delivery or quality after myself and two others from these forums have ordered the "Arrives Boxed" set from them and received them quickly and trouble free. The guys at dPulse were very honest with me about how badly they screwed the pooch on the first round of VE orders and seemed truly regretful of pissing off so many people... they wish they could have done everything differently. I am NOT defending them, just letting bygones be bygones and taking current actions at face value.

P.S. I love how far this thread has traveled off it's original intent. :lol:
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby kwvp » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah, they were honest and apologetic with me too. Over and over and over again.

It says a lot that there's a pwei release i chose not to bother buying (axe of men) - really just wasn't worth the hassle.

If they've sorted their act out and people get what they want from dp then great, but this one's not for me.

And that's the last I'll bother writing about dp. Gotta move on...
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:25 pm

The fact that people will buy this shows fans up to be exactly what dPulse thinks we are . Mugs.

I won't be buying it.
Onket
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to All about the poppies