Help for a US fan trying to get the goods...

stuff about pwei

Re: Help for a US fan trying to get the goods...

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Crap! Again, my sarcasm and irony don't translate into text... even with the help of emoticons.
I have NO intention of posting, uploading or linking anything on this board. Seriously. That's what the "Wink, wink" was about.

I was one of the musicians who's career never got off the ground during the age of Napster and the like. I spent $25,000 of my own and loaned money to build my recording studio and spent 2 years of my life making two albums worth of music that I couldn't get released. I always got the same answer from the 20 something labels that I approached about signing a release deal: "We love your CD, it's really original work and very well produced, but because of illegal music sharing, we haven't been able to make any money on CD sales over the last 2 years, so we're not signing any new contracts without artists agreeing to spend at least 250 days a year on tour as the opening act for our headliners... If you'd like to sign under those conditions, we'd love to release your first CD for you." No way. Not only could I not afford to dump my house, leave my wife and claim bankruptcy to spend a year on the road as an opening act, but I hate the idea of being the guy that sets up a computer and mixer on stage, clicks play and pretends to be performing live music while bobbing his head. It's just stupid looking and that's not what I wanted. The age of recording artists had come to an end... just in time to kill my dreams of a career.

So, you don't have to worry about me. I was just being coy.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Previous

Return to All about the poppies