[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Deos This mean MTV have an entire gig in their vaults?

Deos This mean MTV have an entire gig in their vaults?

stuff about pwei

Re: Deos This mean MTV have an entire gig in their vaults?

Postby Snackula » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:12 pm

I think I've got that on video if it was recorded at the Astoria. I went to it, PWEI, Utah Saints and buffalo somebody or other. Shortish showcase sets as it was being recorded.
I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".
Snackula
1000 X No

Postby wierdsbarandgrill2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:50 pm

There's a number of gigs recorded or broadcast in part by TV. Mostly the DDMA era.

Phoenix 1994 was filmed and certain songs were broadcast by ITV on "The beat", late night on a Thursday at about 2.30 - 3.30am.I remember seeing Bulletproof / Cool / Karmadrome - the version of Bulletproof is fantastic. Especially if you see the way the clouds of dust come up from the crowd as they play. Ridiculously dusty that gig. Judging by the credits on the Stuffies FInally Live video (It was the same set throughout the festival) it was filmed on 8 cameras and edited practically live as a direct feed.

Wolverhampton 1994 - I think this was night #1, with a single camera on the sound desk. So there may be a complete gig out there. About 35 mins of night#2 was broadcast on radio 1 - and MTV filmed / recorded the other night. MTV may have it in their vaults, but god knows really. MTV seems to have no interest in licencing out their archive, tbh. Its only 1 camera, if I remember rightly.
wierdsbarandgrill2
not now james

Postby kwvp » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Wasn't that amalgamation gig available to download as mp3 and videos on the old nation ages ago?..
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby cartsb4horses » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 pm

wasn't there supposed to be an official Amalgamation video (not sure of the popularity of dvd at the time) that had tour footage etc but got scrapped because of the split? unless of course 'they' were planning all along to include it on the 25th anniversary DDMA?!?!
cartsb4horses
1000 X No

Postby Snackula » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 am

I should have clicked on the link and watched the footage I suppose.

The Beat definately recorded and broadcast the showcase thing I went to at the Astoria. I think the Poppies set was shown over a couple of nights. Unfortunately I had to surrender the whole ticket so I can't look when it was.

I did record it and still have the tapes but no video player any more. I do want to get one of those video to DVD recorders, maybe Santa will bring me one
I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".
Snackula
1000 X No

Postby pedro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby kwvp » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Grant Lee Buffalo, init?
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby Snackula » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Thats them.

Thinking about it, it was probably the Astoria 2
Snackula
1000 X No

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:14 am

Just wondering if there's any more bits of this lying around in the MTV vaults...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrNSWcHh8U
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Previous

Return to All about the poppies