[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - The next PWEI2 album

The next PWEI2 album

stuff about pwei

Re: The next PWEI2 album

Postby cartsb4horses » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 pm

cartsb4horses
1000 X No

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:20 am

We are all pretty familiar with the VE/PWEI connection on this album, unless there are some tracks we somehow missed 3 years ago I am pretty confident that PWEI v2.0 will be a band written album. I think this tour will gel this band.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby Mad Bastard » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:21 am

Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby bronxzoo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:50 pm

gra wrote 67 % of all the poppies songs!!

i don't think it will be a band effort on the next album, reading adams notes on the reissues it is made clear that gra and clint wrote virtually everything, ad and rich not doing a lot and as most of the music is made up from samples, not even playing on the albums, so the poppies were never about a band writing stuff, with the sampling laws the way they are now, i do think the band will play more on the next l.p, but i'm sure it will be gra with a bit of help from mary writing it
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:25 am

I hope they keep SHE'S LOST CONTROL in the live sets, any shout out to Joy Division is ok by me.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby AxeofMan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

ARE YOU
AWARE?
AxeofMan
1000 X No

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 am

They MUST do a new album after this. I was a little on the fence at first... but it has grown into a daily listen for me and the tunes are stuck in my head (mostly Oldskool Cool and Seek and Destroy).

Having been as big of a fan of Mary Byker's work as I am of the Poppies, I can't wait to hear what lyrics and musical styles he can contribute to some 100% new and original material. It could be phenomenal.

Long Live the Incredible PWEI!
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby payback3000 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Rich did a lot of studio whiz stuff...anyhow I reckon Mary will want an input. I agree the next LP needs another point of view or style...I'm sure Mary is up to the job. Old School Cool was great live. Much better than any of the studio versions.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

PreviousNext

Return to All about the poppies