[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Rarities

Rarities

stuff about pwei

Rarities

Postby thymeoperator » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi there! I was on the old PWEInation board years ago but didn't really post anything after the reunion concerts in '05. I spent a long time downloading as many rarities as I could, way back when, and then lost almost everything somehow in transferring computers, etc. Just saw on the old forum there was quite a long thread where people kindly put up links to some of the rare tracks, and there were plans for a whole collection of them, but I guess the board went down right then. Like I say, I didn't follow it at that time.

Just wondered if anyone would be willing to send me links now, or burn me some CDs? If the latter, I'm happy to pay you for your energy! Also wondered if anyone had any videos or anything?

Thanks!! Sorry if I'm being annoying rehashing old topics!

V
thymeoperator

Re: Rarities

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm

We did compile a number of songs that some members were looking for, but rarities are a very relative term around these parts. While some would consider the "Youth Mixes" a rarity, others hunt for "Give Me Shelter" or "Hangman". Dig even deeper and demos for Wild & Wandering or From Eden might surface...

There were also a large number of live bootlegs available at one point, but I don't know where the links went.

Are there tracks you may be looking for?
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby thymeoperator » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

I don't know, just sort of everything! When I read the old thread, it seemed there was a LOT I never had, and it would be nice to get copies of stuff if anyone happens to have it around and is willing to spare me their time :)
thymeoperator

Postby bronxzoo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:49 pm

i don't think i have ever heard the "fast" babylon if anyone has it
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:14 am

If it's a rare stuff want, pick up the new Cherry Red Re-issues of NFAF / BF / TITD / CFS...demos, unreleased mixes the lot.

The fast version of Babylon was played as part of the BBC radio sessions they did around that time.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby thymeoperator » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:15 am

Do we know if that covers all that was on offer via download links before?
thymeoperator

Postby negative8ball » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 pm

I don't think everything is covered, but most will be (more or less).

There has been a lot of weird scrutiny around downloads and "bootleg" type stuff... if you have a list (and not an ask for "everything"), people could probably point you in the right direction... take a look at the discography (discogs etc), and if you have specific needs after the re-issues (though Dos Dedos stuff is likely still a little dicey since we don't want to step on the toes of the possible re-issue of that album), ask and I'm sure kind PWEIple will try to help you out.
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 am

It's not weird scrutiny.

Passing around PWEI stuff was a no no and part of the terms and condtions of the OG nation when the band were active. They are active again and stuff is being re-issued.

We really don't want to upset anyone do we? Anyhow you can always PM each other to discuss this in more depth . - a hem haw.

To be fair though you can pick up things like Gimme Shelter and Games for pennies on the original formats if you have a look around the web.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby negative8ball » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 am

negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby thymeoperator » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:24 am

Oh, okay.
thymeoperator

Return to All about the poppies