[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Favourite Poppies instrumental track

Favourite Poppies instrumental track

stuff about pwei

Favourite Poppies instrumental track

Postby Sneakerbeater » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

whats everyones favourite poppies instrumental track? for me i has to be a toss up between Intense and The Incredible PWEI Vs Dirty Harry

the PWEI V Dirty Harry tune, is the poppies take on the theme from magnum force, itself a corking tune. im really looking forward to the CFS bonus disc to finally have this tune on cd.
Sneakerbeater
not now james

Re: Favourite Poppies instrumental track

Postby andym » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Both those are brilliant tunes. Part man, part machine is the only other one that springs to mind. Similar Graham's ambient Golden Claw stuff but with a brilliant burst of energy in the last couple of minutes, love that track.
andym
preaching to the perverted

Postby kwvp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:04 pm

There are some great ones, particularly the 3 already mentioned. I'm even a bit partial to the Dragonfly Mix of Everything's Cool?.

(edit: or is it safe as milk? the long one, anyway...)
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby bronxzoo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:40 pm

hard one!! so many good ones, Intergalactic Love Mission and Sixteen Different Flavours of Hell are both fantastic tunes
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby AxeofMan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 pm

The Beat That Refused to Die is probably the first Big Beat song.

Intergalactic Love Mission is also hilarious.

I have all those B-Sides you guys are talking about and I need to give them a serious listen. The Poppies should have released an instrumental album.
ARE YOU
AWARE?
AxeofMan
1000 X No

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 am

Damnit!
This question is too hard.
I can't answer.
If we can count Golden Claw Musics (which I guess we can't), I like "Digging the Dancing Weed."

I'm so confounded... damn this topic!
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby cartsb4horses » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:35 pm

has to be the beefed up version of menofearthereaper (the concrete no fee no fear mix) from 2 fingers. although i also really like the underbelly remix too. i guess 2 fingers was pretty much the most instrumental album churned out in the poppies name.
cartsb4horses
1000 X No

Postby Coops » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Cape Connection (Transglobal Underground Cossack In UFO Encounter Confusion!)

Does that count? Obv not originally an instrumental but I find it mightily uplifting.
"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby cartsb4horses » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 am

I guess I consider it instrumental in the same way as block rockin beats...
cartsb4horses
1000 X No

Return to All about the poppies