[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Crappiest Poppies Song Ever Thread

Crappiest Poppies Song Ever Thread

stuff about pwei

Re: Crappiest Poppies Song Ever Thread

Postby Onket » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Cheers chaps.
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby pwe-bk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm

I can listen to just about any of the Poppies' tunes, from any of the albums, without feeling the need to skip them, but I do recall loathing "Teenage Grandad" and "Pretty Pretty", for sure, when I first heard them. I also didn't much care for "Urban Futuristic" nor "Bulletproof". The Looks or the Lifestyle was the first album of theirs I'd heard where I'd disliked so many songs, but they've grown on me over time.

That said, I'm amazed anyone would dislike "Mother" or "Token Drug Song", I think they're both brilliant.

There's stuff of "Feast" and "Box Frenzy" that didn't chuff me so much, but I love "Picnic in the Sky", which someone mentioned they dislike. I'd rather listen to that than "Evelyn", for example.

All told, I feel like I've come to appreciate whatever they made for what it is. Don't love them all the same, don't even love some of them, but certainly don't hate any of it either. Maybe I've just mellowed with age. Props to them for trying new shit, constantly, I say.
pwe-bk
XY & Zee

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 pm

As this thread has just popped up again guess it's time to say the more I've been listening to the re-issues, the less I like "88 Seconds..."
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby The_LHC » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Last edited by The_LHC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby osr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Evelyn
osr
preaching to the perverted

Postby jason » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Is TLOTL the "marmite" pwei album. Actually I've grown to love it. I am more mature now.
|
jason
Site admin

Postby Mad Bastard » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 am

I'm quite up-and-down with TLOTL myself, sometimes I think it's a bloody awesome album, but then I have periods where I just don't want to listen to it for ages. Odd...
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 am

I've always liked TLOTL, and was never really a massive fan of DDMA.

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby The_LHC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 am

The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby The_LHC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 am

The_LHC
radio pwei

PreviousNext

Return to All about the poppies