[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Crappiest Poppies Song Ever Thread

Crappiest Poppies Song Ever Thread

stuff about pwei

Re: Crappiest Poppies Song Ever Thread

Postby payback3000 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:08 am

However I think clints stuff on here is some of his best - HDS TDS...really 'mature' but not dull stuff from him. HDS is epic.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby The_LHC » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:56 am

The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby saneman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Just thought I'd chip in here being new to the board. I'll have to exclude new PWEI-V2 or pre Box Frenzy as I'm not really familiar with either.

So, can't believe I saw PWEI-zation a few times in this thread. I've always really liked it and for a while it was up there as an all time favourite.
I can understand Cicciolina being unappreciated but personally I love it.

Where I do agree though is with TLOTL era stuff and forced to pick one track - well, I can't decide between Bulletproof or GTGKTB. I think that album is a bit patchy for sure, and as others have said it's like there's an amazing mini album there (Harry Dean Stanton is indeed a killer) but the lightweight bouncy pop numbers just don't work in my opinion - plus I never really liked the remixes on either single. Saying that though the Part Man Part Machine mix is fantastic and Good From Far is wasted as a b-side.

I don't feel I can say anything bad about Cure For Sanity of This Is The Day. Box Frenzy and Dos Dedos are flawed I admit, but I wouldn't want them changed in any way.
saneman
XY & Zee

Postby negative8ball » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:58 pm

I tend not to frequent "crappy" album threads online - don't tend to feel harshly enough about any band I love enough to visit a forum for...

That being said... um... TLOTL is my fav PWEI album. I find it odd to see the "makes a good EP" - though it could use a little more bottom end, I don't dislike anything on the record, and love the shiny-pop of much of the music there.

As always - to each their own - but I felt The Looks... needed a little defensive love up here.

:D
negative8ball
radio pwei

Postby The_LHC » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Giving it some more thought there's really only two tracks I actively dislike on TLOTL, bulletproof and urban futuristic, I didn't even bother putting them on my phone but the rest of the album is either awesome or perfectly acceptable really.

Isn't there anybody clever on here that could tweak the bottom end a bit, give it some more welly?
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby mikenasty » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:32 pm

I wanted to jump in and defend TLOTL too. I was a new PWEI fan when it came out and it was always my favorite album. But I have to admit that it hasn't stood the test of time to me, over the years it has fallen from #1 to #4 in my favorites album list.
mikenasty
1000 X No

Previous

Return to All about the poppies