Pop Will Eat Itself & Me

stuff about pwei

Pop Will Eat Itself & Me

Postby Coops » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:53 am

For the first time since 1994 I have in my possession a CD with newly recorded music from the popular beat combo Pop Will Eat Itself. Its a strange feeling, like drinking with an old friend Ive only seen sporadically over the last 17 years. Think Facebook reunions.

My old friend has changed alot since then, I barely recognise him. I think Im going to have to get to know him again, although I have to admit I too have changed. But when the music starts, deep down at its core, I can still hear the spirit from decades ago. So heres to reunions of sorts, the world has changed for all of us and its changed Pop Will Eat Itself too. But a world with Pop Will Eat Itself in it, even when its a Pop Will Eat Itself so different from 1994, is a better world to be in.

Thanks Graham.
"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Re: Pop Will Eat Itself & Me

Postby AxeofMan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 am

I was actually born when DDMA came out. I'm only 17 now - You all have memories of this stuff coming out, but I'm the new generation who re-discovers them. The idea of them re-uniting, even with at least one original member, seemed like an impossible dream to me. They sounded like they'd fit the modern music scene better than their time. A new PWEI album sounded like a "what-if?" fantasy. I'm so glad they're back, even if it's only Graham. The new album is not their best, but it stays true to their attitude and they still sound like a band who will give anything a try.

I'm now just afraid they will break up again because of lack of commercial success. I think that now, with new technology and everything, they might put out another big ambitious album like CFS.

And if not, more artists need to mix Electronica and Rock and Rap.
ARE YOU
AWARE?
AxeofMan
1000 X No

Postby bronxzoo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:23 am

that made me feel old!!
but well said as well, a good head on his (very) young shoulders
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:43 pm

I was 15, drunk and stoned with friends, when the "Ich Bin Ein Auslaunder" video came on. That was one hell of a trip.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby kjwylie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Great analogy Coops, I have to agree with you. :D
kjwylie
radio pwei

Return to All about the poppies