Weirds Bar & Grill - Not good

stuff about pwei

Re: Weirds Bar & Grill - Not good

Postby dave_van_damn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:24 am

Phil wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:Yep, in total agreement with everything written here! It's such a lifeless album. I think I've managed to listen to it once in 10 years of owning it.

If you can track down a copy of the EP (or find it lurking on a Torrent site - which is where I found it :oops: ) those four tracks, I think, sound pretty hefty thanks to the prominence of the boy Fuzz.

Yeah, I really wanna find that EP now that it's been mentioned. Unless someone can make my life easier? ;)
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl https://anotherboringbside.wordpress.com/
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong https://agwailoinhongkong.wordpress.com/
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby payback3000 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:35 am

itss cheap as chips here - but again you know these tracks are the same as the bar & Grill ones? Maybe mastered differently (not saure not listened to it for a while) but taken from the same recordings.

https://www.discogs.com/Pop-Will-Eat-It ... ase/543779
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Phil » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Faith No More - Live At Brixton Academy? Also shit.
PLAY IT MAD DJ........
Phil
radio pwei

Postby russelldempsey » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:35 am

Phil wrote:Faith No More - Live At Brixton Academy? Also shit.

I like that album, it went with the VHS :twisted:
russelldempsey
1000 X No

Postby dave_van_damn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 am

Hmmm it's OK - also sounds a bit thin, but nothing is as bad as Weird's!
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl https://anotherboringbside.wordpress.com/
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong https://agwailoinhongkong.wordpress.com/
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby Phil » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 am

dave_van_damn wrote:

Hmmm it's OK - also sounds a bit thin, but nothing is as bad as Weird's!

I listened to that live album PWE2 put out during the NNDBAS tour and I think that's actually a better sounding album, even with the mistakes and out of tune singing :lol:
PLAY IT MAD DJ........
Phil
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 am

Phil wrote:I listened to that live album PWE2 put out during the NNDBAS tour and I think that's actually a better sounding album, even with the mistakes and out of tune singing :lol:

I was at the gig when that was recorded. Live and loud it sounded fantastic, only mistakes I noticed were Crabbi forgetting which verse of RSVP he was on & Tim breaking strings during Kick to Kill. Listened to the live recording the next morning and was convinced it was a different gig!
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Phil » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:18 am

russelldempsey wrote:

I like that album, it went with the VHS :twisted:

I think the VHS was a great watch but the album sounds weak these days. Some of the tracks from it were featured on the Real Thing 2CD-deluxe-redux-anniversary-wotevs edition and they sounded mighty so it just needs a good remastering, maybe. I bloody love FNM, I do.
PLAY IT MAD DJ........
Phil
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 am

Phil wrote:I think the VHS was a great watch but the album sounds weak these days. Some of the tracks from it were featured on the Real Thing 2CD-deluxe-redux-anniversary-wotevs edition and they sounded mighty so it just needs a good remastering, maybe. I bloody love FNM, I do.

Yeh the album's in the wrong order from the video & doesn't have As The Worm Turns on it. You also don't get to enjoy Mike climbing things during War Pigs.

Slight thread hijack, but did you get the remaster/ reissue of We Care A Lot? Had a tape of it 20 years ago, thought it sounded really sketchy and never got into it, but the remaster is incredible and love the LP now.
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby Phil » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm

RolexTharsus wrote:Slight thread hijack, but did you get the remaster/ reissue of We Care A Lot? Had a tape of it 20 years ago, thought it sounded really sketchy and never got into it, but the remaster is incredible and love the LP now.

I wouldn't worry about hijacking the thread, there's nothing else going on anyway.

The We Care A Lot reissue was last year I think and no I haven't picked it up yet. The version I have sounds OK but still lacks the punch of Introduce Yourself. How did you rate Sol Invictus? I'll be honest and say I was initially disappointed probably because I wanted it to sound like The Real Thing/Angel Dust and feel like a teenager again. Since then it's really grown on me, reminds me of Album Of The year a little.
PLAY IT MAD DJ........
Phil
radio pwei

PreviousNext

Return to All about the poppies