[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Promotion ideas

Promotion ideas

stuff about pwei

Promotion ideas

Postby kwvp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Couple of suggestions from me of ways to help promote gigs:
1) a tour-dates poster image that can be shared via social media. i looked on both the PWEI facebook page and twitter and there wasn't one for the current tour. we could do this on t'nation.
2) 'single' videos. single sales might not make releasing a single worthwhile, but having videos of the new songs that can be shared online would definitely help. i certainly shared 21st Century several times.
3) remixes. can't wait for the stems on the 3CD version of the album.
Last edited by kwvp on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwvp
radio pwei

Re: Promotion ideas

Postby Mad Bastard » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:42 pm

All great ideas I reckon. The first one in particular is fairly easy to knock up as well, it can't hurt can it. I certainly wouldn't mind having a bash myself.

I'm really looking forward to getting the 3CD version too, the Reclaim The Game remix competition seemed to be pretty popular so I reckon the whole album being open to remixes is going to be awesome and should hopefully lead to a new wave of interest for the album.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:07 pm

A lot of it's down to the actual gig promotor too, the guy who did the Leicester one works his ass off to get get tickets sold and that paid off. Some just don't seem bothered really.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby pedro » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Mute Elephant promoted the London gig and they were on twitter a lot and also do leaflet drops at other gigs.

It might be a bit old school but if there was a promo card that some of us were willing to take to other gigs that might help. I'd be up for giving out flyers before a gig.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby SteveJames-Igor » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 pm

I've just followed a dozen or so local music related accounts on twitter.
If the band tour again I can let these people know and it will spread the word.
The tour dates poster is a good idea.
SteveJames-Igor
not now james

Postby MissCP » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 pm

I just had the conversation with Steve James Igor, after the Newcastle gig, that PWEI really could benefit from having a street team. Obviously you can't always rely on promoters to do their job and get the word out there, so dedicated folks willing to put flyers and promo cards out in the real world and online can make a big difference.
MissCP
Beaver Patrol

Postby daryltaylor » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:20 pm

I'd be up for helping the band out with flyers and stuff. They've got a great band together and hopefully it stays that way. Be good to help out!
CAN YOU DIG IT?
daryltaylor
radio pwei

Postby dave_van_damn » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:57 am

Just retweeted and posted a bunch of stuff on twitter :)
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby VMNP » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 am

Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby RolexTharsus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:32 am

Does it cost the band a lot to get on that there "Bands in town" app thing? Really good at auto-promoting gigs around the social medias & a metric shit-ton of people use it
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Next

Return to All about the poppies