[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Je Suis Crabbi EP 1 reader reviews

Je Suis Crabbi EP 1 reader reviews

Stuff about Graham's other projects

Je Suis Crabbi EP 1 reader reviews

Postby payback3000 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi I love this EP and it's fair to say Crabbi is on fire right now so over to you guys - what do you think?
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Re: Je Suis Crabbi EP 1 reader reviews

Postby TheFinkie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Bonophobic is brilliant, probably better than some of the songs on the new album. The rest of the album is good too, but not quite up to the same level. It is quite hard to take seriously, but the music is actually pretty well-made, and Graham's voice is in fine form. I feel like crabbi.net/ep1 doesn't quite deserve a quite as in-depth review as Anti Nasty League, but nevertheless, it's a great album. I'm curious to hear the alternate versions of the songs.
I wish you heaven / I wish you hell
TheFinkie
preaching to the perverted

Postby VMNP » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 pm

I BLOODY LOVE IT! 8-)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Stubborn Puppet » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:38 pm

The good: I love the musical stylings pretty well. It's got a bit more of what I hoped I'd get out of ANL in the way of electronics and sampling. I also love the straight forward, mostly untreated Crabbi vocals (ANL has him pretty buried under a bunch of processing).

The bad: The production/mixing/engineering is pretty bad. The whole things sounds muddy and flat. Also, as with ANL's lyrics, JSC EP's lyrics sound to be trying too hard and cramming more syllables into a line than actually fit - awkward.

That all said, I can't wait for more, will definitely buy more and hope that somebody straightens out the production quality. (ANL sounds fantastic production wise).

EDITED FOR BAD SPELLING.
Last edited by Stubborn Puppet on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stubborn Puppet
radio pwei

Postby TheFinkie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm

TheFinkie

Postby payback3000 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:49 pm

I think your missing the point here - of course it's crammed with lyrics- this stuff is clearly ranting in character. It's a stream of conscious outpouring . As for the comments about production that have also been raised about ANL I really can figure out what's up with these comments as production on both is excellent. The JCS stuff has some serious bass and beats. I often get the feeling folks can dis something for what it's not rather than what it is.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby VMNP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 pm

I think it's a work of genius myself, love every second and hoping for more like it. :)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby TheFinkie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 pm

TheFinkie

Postby bronxzoo » Sun May 03, 2015 9:36 pm

it's one of the greatest things i have heard in years, and some of the best insults ever in music!! stunning work!!
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby Mad Bastard » Thu May 14, 2015 12:19 pm

It's a great EP. I love the fact that even though the subject matter is mostly serious stuff, this EP is pretty funny. Crabbi in all-out mouth-off mode is quite spectacular and I hope there's more to come from this project.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Next

Return to Graham Crabb